Missouri's lone abortion clinic loses license to perform procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:52 pm

I read it all .
Can we trust Parsons ? All we know about this planned parenthood clinic is what Parsons said.
People have lied about planned parenthood all over the USA - the lies coming from Evangelicals, conservative Republicans, far right websites .
Planned parenthood provides valuable health services, advice, exams and birth control, all of which are necessary and inexpensive .
I’m not going to believe Parsons.
There should be an independent, neutral, unbiased report on this clinic.
All we know is what Parsons said.
Remember the people who lied about planned parenthood before and went to jail because of their lies?
I’ll find evidence of their dishonest behavior and the results and post them if you need a reminder.
If this is before a judge there has to be evidence presented to have gotten to this point. Judges don't make a ruling on things based on someone walking into court and saying something. It has to be based in facts or it's thrown out or continued until there is evidence. It can't be ruled on just with a random statement.

We rely on things like medical licenses to keep us as consumers safe. Providers need to be held to some kind of minimum standard. I'd rather have something be shut down than just allowing people performing dangerous procedures to do whatever the hell they want.
She might have read it, but she surely did not comprehend a word of it beyond the headline. A judge is not going to shut down a medical facility simply because the Gov has some religious views and is a Republican... Besides that, didn't the court give the PP clinic a reprieve? Doesn't that mean it is still open?
It is still open, the malpractice claims are being investigated. Women can still go there for "the 99% of the other stuff PP does".
KAG
Mean Girl
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Did you even read the article? The licence was revoked because of unsafe dangerous conditions while HAVING ABORTIONS. Do you think abortion clinics should be safe? No?
We're supposed to read articles before we post them??! oooops!

The only reason she has a beef with this Missouri/PP thing is because they have a Rep Gov. So, of course he's evil and doesn't care about the people in his state.... That's the ONLY thing it could possibly be, because they did NOT ban abortion, abortions are still legal and available in Missouri.
I read it all.
Governor Parsons made abortion after 8 weeks ILLEGAL.
I don’t trust him
Or the conservatives in the state in charge.
Planned parenthood is essential for inexpensive exams, advice and birth control.
That’s going to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Parsons should appreciate that.
Or maybe his “ right to life” mindset is anti birth control and pro abstinence for all women , even married ones?😆
Oh dear God... you really think the Governor just wrote the bill and signed it into law, just like that?! Do you know how laws get made in this country? I really doubt it, because you are sounding as ignorant as a kindergardener about this! All the Gov did was sign it into law. And guess what, buttercup? You can get all the inexpensive exams, advice, bc, etc at any county health department, at any crisis pregnancy center, or at any OB/GYN office. You act like PP is the only place where a woman can get these services. Well, things have changed since the 60's, they really have! One big change is that every county in every state has a health department, where you can get these kinds of services, at a low cost, if any cost.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Did you even read the article? The licence was revoked because of unsafe dangerous conditions while HAVING ABORTIONS. Do you think abortion clinics should be safe? No?

The only reason she has a beef with this Missouri/PP thing is because they have a Rep Gov. So, of course he's evil and doesn't care about the people in his state.... That's the ONLY thing it could possibly be, because they did NOT ban abortion, abortions are still legal and available in Missouri.
I read it all.
I don’t trust him
Planned parenthood is essential for inexpensive exams, advice and birth control.
Or maybe his “ right to life” mindset is anti birth control and pro abstinence for all women , even married ones?😆
I don't think you did. They are not STOPPING other services.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:11 pm

I read it all.
I don’t trust him
I don't think you did. They are not STOPPING other services.
I know! They couldn’t close the clinic! Duh
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:09 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 pm

And it's the south. Anything in the south = bad.
No it’s not!
I have family there.
The research triangle- Raliegh-Durham - Chapel Hill is awesome.
I lived there for many years.
(If I could afford it I’d buy a place there to go to in the winter . But I’m a poor retired person)

There are racists everywhere- Minnesota has a bunch of white supremacy groups and the KKK too.
People suck
It doesn’t matter where they are- racists suck.
Can you understand that?
Just stop bashing the south!
😡
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:16 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 pm

And it's the south. Anything in the south = bad.
No it’s not!
I have family there.
(If I could afford it I’d buy a place there to go to in the winter . But I’m a poor retired person)

There are racists everywhere- Minnesota has a bunch of white supremacy groups and the KKK too.
People suck
Can you understand that?
😡
For real I read that last post with my mouth hanging open :?
KAG
Mean Girl
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:16 pm

No it’s not!
I have family there.

People suck
Can you understand that?
😡
So did I.
Where's our real Libby? This one isn't it....
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:14 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm

So did I.

Wait. It's me. I'm Libby. Darnit I keep forgetting.

Imma go find an article about fat people so I can educate everyone about how being fat is gross.

brb.

Derp.
Find one about the importance of higher education, too.
Sheesh....
Get it right, derp.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm

So did I.

Imma go find an article about fat people so I can educate everyone about how being fat is gross.

brb.

Derp.
Sheesh....
Get it right, derp.
Does higher education count if you don’t graduate and don’t get a degree?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:38 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm

brb.

Derp.
Sheesh....
Get it right, derp.
Does higher education count if you don’t graduate and don’t get a degree?
I have to say that that just depends on your political affiliation.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic