Missouri's lone abortion clinic loses license to perform procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:03 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:49 pm

So was Libby!
I was insulted and lied about— so I replied in my defense.
Wouldn’t you ?
What do you think about them closing the last clinic that performs abortions?
Since abortion is legal, if a woman chooses to have one they can probably find a doctor who will perform one for them anywhere.

Planned Parenthood is not the only provider of abortions.

But PP offers inexpensive exams, birth control and advice for women who can’t afford to go to private clinics. That’s why it’s important to allow them to stay open.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maternal Health

 According to the United Health Foundation’s 2016 Health of
Women and Children Report, the national maternal mortality rate is
about 20 deaths per 100,000 live births, while Missouri’s maternal
mortality rate was 28.5 deaths per 100,000 live births (42nd in the
nation).

However, the rate of death among black women is higher,
65 deaths per 100,000 live births7
 The leading causes of maternal death in Missouri are cardiac-related, with embolisms caused by blood clots at the top of the list.
The state’s high rates of smoking and obesity during pregnancy put
women at higher risk for those complications.
 These risks are compounded when pregnant women do not have
access to regular doctor visits: more than 1 in 6 Missouri women,
17.5 percent, did not receive prenatal care in the first trimester of
pregnancy8
 Of Missouri’s 101 rural counties, 43 have no hospitals and another
26 counties have hospitals without dedicated obstetric beds. In
more than two-thirds of rural Missouri, a pregnant woman cannot
go to a hospital with obstetric services to give birth without
traveling out of her county.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:39 am
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm The stereotyping of everything from politics to social platforms is so thick in this country.

I find this clinic potentially losing its license a shame and because as uncomfortable the mere thought the idea of abortion can bring to so many, it's a reality, and it has been for decades (honestly, MUCH longer than that).

And no matter what happens...no matter WHAT transpires as we continue along this trail to have a say-so in the medical rights of others, women WILL continue to get those abortions with or without medical assistance.

They did before and they'll do it again.
I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
Your reply made sense and was just fine until —-you said that some women “celebrate abortions”!
That’s just not true.
In fact it’s an irresponsible, inaccurate and inappropriate statement.
Unbelievable....🙄
Get the hell out of your bubble!! Do a simple search for it, it's there. Women DO celebrate their abortions. I do agree that it is inappropriate, but hey, who am I to judge how a woman feels about her abortion?

No, better off, you just keep your head in the sand, stay in your little bubble, and let the sane adults discuss things. Someday, if you're brave enough, you'll find out that we are in 2019 now and it isn't like the 50's when girls hid the fact that they had to get an abortion. They're all up in your face about it now. I'll even give you a hint on where to start with it, #ShoutYourAbortion..... maybe check that out. That might just be the wake-up you need to realize that women today aren't hiding their abortions anymore, they aren't ashamed, they are HAPPY, they CELEBRATE them, they BRAG about them.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm The stereotyping of everything from politics to social platforms is so thick in this country.

I find this clinic potentially losing its license a shame and because as uncomfortable the mere thought the idea of abortion can bring to so many, it's a reality, and it has been for decades (honestly, MUCH longer than that).

And no matter what happens...no matter WHAT transpires as we continue along this trail to have a say-so in the medical rights of others, women WILL continue to get those abortions with or without medical assistance.

They did before and they'll do it again.
I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
Your reply made sense and was just fine until —-you said that some women “celebrate abortions”!
That’s just not true.
In fact it’s an irresponsible, inaccurate and inappropriate statement.
Unbelievable....🙄
https://twitter.com/hashtag/shoutyourab ... %5Ehashtag
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:38 pm Maternal Health

 According to the United Health Foundation’s 2016 Health of
Women and Children Report, the national maternal mortality rate is
about 20 deaths per 100,000 live births, while Missouri’s maternal
mortality rate was 28.5 deaths per 100,000 live births (42nd in the
nation).

However, the rate of death among black women is higher,
65 deaths per 100,000 live births7
 The leading causes of maternal death in Missouri are cardiac-related, with embolisms caused by blood clots at the top of the list.
The state’s high rates of smoking and obesity during pregnancy put
women at higher risk for those complications.
 These risks are compounded when pregnant women do not have
access to regular doctor visits: more than 1 in 6 Missouri women,
17.5 percent, did not receive prenatal care in the first trimester of
pregnancy8
 Of Missouri’s 101 rural counties, 43 have no hospitals and another
26 counties have hospitals without dedicated obstetric beds. In
more than two-thirds of rural Missouri, a pregnant woman cannot
go to a hospital with obstetric services to give birth without
traveling out of her county.
Some of the southern states, especially ones that don’t have major cities. Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, etc are going to be similar to third world countries if they continue to ignore primary issues like quality education, quality health care, livable wages.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:41 pm
https://twitter.com/hashtag/shoutyourab ... %5Ehashtag
People who don’t see terminating an accidental pregnancy as “murder” can feel anything they like about their abortion.

I guess some of you weren’t fans of the show VEEP. The campaign worker got pregnant during a drunken night with the womanizing campaign worker. In discussing the accidental pregnancy the second time he said “I thought you sent that to the 7/11 dumpster in the sky already “.

People can joke about it, feel happy, sad, relief, remorse, all kinds of things. Too bad if people don’t like it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic