ICE Plans to Target 2,000 Undocumented Immigrants in New Deportation Operation

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:28 pm
msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:21 pm
morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Not mine. I don't associate with criminals who willingly break our laws and expect American tax payers to support them.
Are your children in school? Chances are they have a friend or classmate that has an undocumented family member. Unless you don't allow them to associate with "foreign" kids?
In my town you now have to show proof of citizenship before the kids go to school. We had a max exodus. They fled to the next state. They have places full of furniture and pets.
The criminals fled before they could get caught and left their abandoned pets to die?

Sounds about right.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Not mine. I don't associate with criminals who willingly break our laws and expect American tax payers to support them.
Are your children in school? Chances are they have a friend or classmate that has an undocumented family member. Unless you don't allow them to associate with "foreign" kids?
In my town you now have to show proof of citizenship before the kids go to school. We had a max exodus. They fled to the next state. They have places full of furniture and pets.
All children in the country are guaranteed a right to elementary and secondary education. Look at Plyer v. Doe.

I doubt your town is breaking the law. It's very sad to me that your community members would want to in order to deprive children (because they come from foreign places) an education. You sound proud. What is it that you are proud of?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:30 pm

The criminals fled before they could get caught and left their abandoned pets to die?

Sounds about right.
Luckily the places they left got reported by neighbor so the pets were adopted
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 pm

All children in the country are guaranteed a right to elementary and secondary education. Look at Plyer v. Doe.

I doubt your town is breaking the law. It's very sad to me that your community members would want to in order to deprive children (because they come from foreign places) an education. You sound proud. What is it that you are proud of?
If was a few years ago. It may have gotten over turned. But I think if they had a visa it would have been okay too. It only made the illegal ones flee. We have people from other countries here for work but they have visas. But I had to provide my sons birth certificate, his SSN, my drivers license, a utilities bill, and a few other things.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:44 pm
msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 pm

If was a few years ago. It may have gotten over turned. But I think if they had a visa it would have been okay too. It only made the illegal ones flee. We have people from other countries here for work but they have visas. But I had to provide my sons birth certificate, his SSN, my drivers license, a utilities bill, and a few other things.
It's been federal law since 1982. But I have always had to supply the same documentation to every school. That documentation is not used to turn in students but rather to understand the demographics of students.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I don’t suppose I could be called racist, as I don’t care which color or nationality the illegal immigrants are.
morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I feel ya. I've been told/implied that I'm all kinds of things.

Yes - it makes sense to me and is self-explanatory to me, but whenever I make the case for illegals should't be here illegally, I get called a flippin' racist.

So, I thought maybe you would be able to offer your perspective.
Anonadon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:47 pm Isn’t it self explanatory? No matter how often some of you say/imply I’m a liberal, I’m not. I have no issue with criminals facing repercussions.
morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:44 pm

This is a great comment!

Can you tell us why you don't have a problem with that?
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

My fathers family came from Scandinavia in the 19th century, hoping for a better life. They had no problems passing through Ellis Island and traveling to Wisconsin. They had no “ papers”.
They were pale white .
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:11 pm My fathers family came from Scandinavia in the 19th century, hoping for a better life. They had no problems passing through Ellis Island and traveling to Wisconsin. They had no “ papers”.
They were pale white .
Gasp! You mean your family LEGALLY immigrated to the United Sates 200 years ago! Get right out of town! AMAZING! And they had WHITE SKIN! INCREDIBLE! I mean - really amazing! Have you called Ripley's Believe It or Not yet?!????
KAG
Mean Girl
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:11 pm My fathers family came from Scandinavia in the 19th century, hoping for a better life. They had no problems passing through Ellis Island and traveling to Wisconsin. They had no “ papers”.
They were pale white .
When they came through Ellis Island it was a legal port. And most people that came through there had to get immunizations and have proof that they would have a job.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm
They were pale white .
When they came through Ellis Island it was a legal port. And most people that came through there had to get immunizations and have proof that they would have a job.
Yah I know.
We toured Ellis Island and got information about the process and the people who immigrated.
My Scandinavian family were farmers. They built a home and grew crops.
Locked Previous topicNext topic