Trump faces fresh sexual assault allegation

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not embarrassed or making excuses. Those were the reasons.

You like to generalize and I'm (again) pointing out that you should not.

When I was raped I went to the police. Nothing happened. Still does not mean I don't counsel victims to go to the police. I do. Last thing I would do is say Don't say anything at all until and unless he becomes famous in some way then write a book or contact the news.

Women would feel more comfortable if we all stopped with the bullshit and take the shame away from the victim. Encouraging tell all books would not be a way to achieve that.
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:17 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:43 am I’ve never seen such partisan responses when it comes to sexual assault. According to Trump’s base every women is lying about their unpleasant encounters with him. Every one ranging from groping crotches under the table to unwanted kissing on the mouth to rape. But Joe Biden wouldn’t be allowed near your women folk because he might sniff their hair and rub their shoulders. Do you hear yourselves? I hope none of you ever serve on a jury where sexual assault is the charge because none of you have any common sense.
I am part of President Trump's "base". I voted for him because I supported the GOP agenda, and I would never vote for Hillary. I don't like everything he's done or said. But I'm 75-80% pleased with the direction the country is going, so he will receive my vote in reelection. That's the part of his base I belong to.

He has been accused several times. I don't immediately believe any woman who makes a claim. I think they should be heard, their claim investigated and if found to be true, their assaulter dealt with harshly.

Yet I won't ever just go along with someone being accused in the media only. When the timing is especially suspicious AND they've never brought charges. Dragging someone through the media and not the court system - not the right way to earn credibility.

Joe Biden - no one has come out and accused him. Yet his behavior on camera and in photos is creepy. I would not let my granddaughters alone with him. I can make that decision from seeing the behavior. No one has to accuse him of that. Just watch him.

There's a big difference and I would never excuse sexual assault- if this woman was raped - go to the police, don't put it in a book then start giving interviews to try to sell the book.

It's common sense.
You don’t have to start every post with an excuse for voting for Trump. It’s embarrassing, I get it.

Only about 20% of women report sexual assaults, you know that or you should. That whole excuse about they didn’t they go to the police is bullshit.

Women are now coming forward more often now. Men are losing their jobs because it’s no longer tolerated. Yet somehow Trump’s base believes Trump is somehow different.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

80% of women don’t go to the police. Previously only one accused Trump of actual rape (besides his wife). She went to the police. Most were sexual assault probably 4th degree. Women pretty much don’t go to the police for that at all. There’s no physical evidence. It’s a wealthy powerful man who will deny it. Not worth it.

Women come out and tell their stories years later when they think it matters. All of a sudden you have a man who will have incredible power. Senators, Supreme Court justices, presidents. It now seems relevant that people have this information when making their decisions.

People chose to ignore the patterns of Trump’s vulgar treatment of women over the decades. But his base is loving Biden made someone uncomfortable by rubbing her shoulders and he’s a close talker.

Our only hope is he’s the first president ever who never got over 50% favorable rating so he’ll probably be gone soon enough.

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:04 pm I'm not embarrassed or making excuses. Those were the reasons.

When I was raped I went to the police. Nothing happened. Still does not mean I don't counsel victims to go to the police. I do. Last thing I would do is say Don't say anything at all until and unless he becomes famous in some way then write a book or contact the news.

Women would feel more comfortable if we all stopped with the bullshit and take the shame away from the victim. Encouraging tell all books would not be a way to achieve that.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am

I am part of President Trump's "base". I voted for him because I supported the GOP agenda, and I would never vote for Hillary. I don't like everything he's done or said. But I'm 75-80% pleased with the direction the country is going, so he will receive my vote in reelection. That's the part of his base I belong to.

He has been accused several times. I don't immediately believe any woman who makes a claim. I think they should be heard, their claim investigated and if found to be true, their assaulter dealt with harshly.

Yet I won't ever just go along with someone being accused in the media only. When the timing is especially suspicious AND they've never brought charges. Dragging someone through the media and not the court system - not the right way to earn credibility.

Joe Biden - no one has come out and accused him. Yet his behavior on camera and in photos is creepy. I would not let my granddaughters alone with him. I can make that decision from seeing the behavior. No one has to accuse him of that. Just watch him.

There's a big difference and I would never excuse sexual assault- if this woman was raped - go to the police, don't put it in a book then start giving interviews to try to sell the book.

It's common sense.
You don’t have to start every post with an excuse for voting for Trump. It’s embarrassing, I get it.

Only about 20% of women report sexual assaults, you know that or you should. That whole excuse about they didn’t they go to the police is bullshit.

Women are now coming forward more often now. Men are losing their jobs because it’s no longer tolerated. Yet somehow Trump’s base believes Trump is somehow different.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

She says she might file with NYPD. NYPD has said if she does, they will investigate. She has the clothes she wore that day. I’m waiting to see how this plays out.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends. Bill Cosby is in jail.
29again wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:36 pm Well, he denied the accusations of what? 19 women... I don’t see why he will acknowledge the 20th woman to accuse him.
And his followers continue to believe him 🙄 SMH...
I still maintain it shouldn't be a She said - He said tried in the media.

Every woman who feels she has been assaulted has the right to be heard seriously and her claim investigated and the accused has every right to be considered innocent until found guilty.

It's just so difficult to take people seriously when they only toss out accusations to media and only when it might make a bigger publicity statement than a focus on determining guilt and metering out consequences.

I haven't yet read her story but from all the snippets, this is the first she's accused - in a sensational magazine release.

So while I won't discount immediately because I support President Trump, I'm not going to immediately believe the account because it was put on the cover of a magazine.
So, whatever happened to all those women who accused Herman Cain, and Roy Moore of sexual assaults and improprieties? It seems that once the accused is out of the limelight, nobody really cares if the accusations are investigated or not....
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Too few women report. That's why pioneers are needed. Women who will say - "I don't care how powerful you are. I don't care what position you hold. I'm not doing this for publicity or money. I was raped by you xxx number of years ago. I was afraid to go to the police but I shouldn't have been. I am going now and if I cannot file a criminal complaint due to the amount of time, I'm filing a civil claim."

Take this woman - Lets forget she could have come forward when he was a TV personality. Let's forget that she had his whole first election to come forward - when others did. Let's forget she's had over 2 years with him as President to come forward. NY is saying they will investigate for her even though the statute of limitations is past. She says - ah, no thanks. I'll just sell my book about it and let the media try to convince the general public I'm being truthful and he's lying about the account. That makes me believe her less.

People can accuse someone over and over and over and over again. Does not make any of the accusations true. I'm not going to keep talking about Biden - there is no comparison there.
Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:53 pm 80% of women don’t go to the police. Previously only one accused Trump of actual rape (besides his wife). She went to the police. Most were sexual assault probably 4th degree. Women pretty much don’t go to the police for that at all. There’s no physical evidence. It’s a wealthy powerful man who will deny it. Not worth it.

Women come out and tell their stories years later when they think it matters. All of a sudden you have a man who will have incredible power. Senators, Supreme Court justices, presidents. It now seems relevant that people have this information when making their decisions.

People chose to ignore the patterns of Trump’s vulgar treatment of women over the decades. But his base is loving Biden made someone uncomfortable by rubbing her shoulders and he’s a close talker.

Our only hope is he’s the first president ever who never got over 50% favorable rating so he’ll probably be gone soon enough.

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:04 pm I'm not embarrassed or making excuses. Those were the reasons.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Regarding Biden, you’re right, there’s no comparison, it’s a diversion only with conservatives trying to make it happen.

The statue of limitations makes these cases not worth investigating. Pioneers are needed for women to come forward starting now even though it’s almost as scary as the attack itself.

This claim is not like the other 17 or so assaults. The other women had similar stories and they were completely believable. They line up his personality, his speech patterns, his overall vulgarness. I can understand why this woman would not be believed.

But Trump’s interview about this woman showed what a low life he is. When asked about the charge, he said first of all she’s not my type. So he has a type for assaults? Makes no sense and grossly insensitive. They showed a picture of the woman with her husband , Trump and his first wife,Ivana. The woman and Ivana actually looked alike back in the 80s.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:42 pm Too few women report. That's why pioneers are needed. Women who will say - "I don't care how powerful you are. I don't care what position you hold. I'm not doing this for publicity or money. I was raped by you xxx number of years ago. I was afraid to go to the police but I shouldn't have been. I am going now and if I cannot file a criminal complaint due to the amount of time, I'm filing a civil claim."

Take this woman - Lets forget she could have come forward when he was a TV personality. Let's forget that she had his whole first election to come forward - when others did. Let's forget she's had over 2 years with him as President to come forward. NY is saying they will investigate for her even though the statute of limitations is past. She says - ah, no thanks. I'll just sell my book about it and let the media try to convince the general public I'm being truthful and he's lying about the account. That makes me believe her less.

People can accuse someone over and over and over and over again. Does not make any of the accusations true. I'm not going to keep talking about Biden - there is no comparison there.
Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:53 pm 80% of women don’t go to the police. Previously only one accused Trump of actual rape (besides his wife). She went to the police. Most were sexual assault probably 4th degree. Women pretty much don’t go to the police for that at all. There’s no physical evidence. It’s a wealthy powerful man who will deny it. Not worth it.

KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stop.
You are stretching there.
You know he was NOT saying he has a type of woman to assault.

Ridiculous.
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 am Regarding Biden, you’re right, there’s no comparison, it’s a diversion only with conservatives trying to make it happen.

The statue of limitations makes these cases not worth investigating. Pioneers are needed for women to come forward starting now even though it’s almost as scary as the attack itself.

This claim is not like the other 17 or so assaults. The other women had similar stories and they were completely believable. They line up his personality, his speech patterns, his overall vulgarness. I can understand why this woman would not be believed.

But Trump’s interview about this woman showed what a low life he is. When asked about the charge, he said first of all she’s not my type. So he has a type for assaults? Makes no sense and grossly insensitive. They showed a picture of the woman with her husband , Trump and his first wife,Ivana. The woman and Ivana actually looked alike back in the 80s.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:42 pm Too few women report. That's why pioneers are needed. Women who will say - "I don't care how powerful you are. I don't care what position you hold. I'm not doing this for publicity or money. I was raped by you xxx number of years ago. I was afraid to go to the police but I shouldn't have been. I am going now and if I cannot file a criminal complaint due to the amount of time, I'm filing a civil claim."

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:54 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:43 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Biden is in the conversation because YOU mentioned him. Women have come forth and said they were uncomfortable with his touching them. What do we call it when someone touches us in ways we don’t like, that make us feel uncomfortable and without our permission?

Party affiliation is what you are doing! Everyone does it. And don’t even try to tell me that the democrats are better than the republicans in matters of sexual assault or harassment. What’s strange is that after some of the women who accused Trump have friends and/or relatives that claim the woman is lying the stories dry up. How very strange. Conversely Clinton’s accusers never slunk back into the shadows from whence they came.'
Everyone doesn’t do it. I certainly don’t. The men accused of sexual assault over the years have all done something wrong. The reason I’m mentioning Biden is because trump’s base here are all clutching their pearls, fanning themselves over the thought of their precious grandchildren being in the same room as Biden. Stupidest shit.

Trump and Clinton both had women lying or exaggerating and both had women telling the truth. Most women in fact telling the truth. Again, I’m not sure what you want them to do. There are current lawsuits, one is a rape accusation. But all women can do is tell their story.
Are you seriously suggesting that every man who has ever been accused of sexual assault has actually done something wrong??? There is absolutely NO basis for that to be true. You can just waltz your ass right on out of here with that kind of bullshit.
I was speaking of the specific men here.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That disgusted a lot of people. His first reaction was “she’s not my type,”. Think about that. Imagine you’re a man and someone tells you that a woman is saying you raped her. Can you imagine your first comment is “she’s not my type “. ??? The arrogance and insensitivity. Just gross.

KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:40 am Stop.
You are stretching there.
You know he was NOT saying he has a type of woman to assault.

Ridiculous.
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 am Regarding Biden, you’re right, there’s no comparison, it’s a diversion only with conservatives trying to make it happen.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm She says she might file with NYPD. NYPD has said if she does, they will investigate. She has the clothes she wore that day. I’m waiting to see how this plays out.
That would be really weird if she never washed them like Monica Lewinsky. And good luck NYPD. Trump’s made himself into a mob boss where no one can get near him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic