‘Game of Thrones’ Fan Petition for Final Season Do-Over Snowballs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A petition by an angry fan demanding that HBO remake the final season of “Game of Thrones” has now been signed by more than 300,000 people.
Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are the target of the petition, which asserts that the pair, who have shepherded the HBO hit from the beginning, “have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on.” The show first moved beyond George R.R. Martin’s ongoing book series in the sixth season.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/game- ... spartanntp
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reminds me of the 2016 election and liberals demanding we change the rules.
KAG
Mean Girl
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:25 pm Reminds me of the 2016 election and liberals demanding we change the rules.

:lol:
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Millions of people watch per episode in the US, so 300,000 isn't really that impressive. Only if you take it out of context, I guess.

It's not what people want. It also isn't over yet. And even if it ends poorly, it will end how the writers wanted it to end. The characters will be who they always have been intended to be, even if we don't like their choices. I know a lot of people who are disappointed in how it's looking to wrap up. I have some disappointment as well about a number of plotlines (though I'm waiting until it actually ends to really be disappointed, because I know better than to make assumptions!). But I'm not going to sign a petition to demand that the people who wrote it do it over to make me happy. lol. That's just silly.

No matter how it ends, I enjoyed the ride. That's kind of the point of TV, right? Enjoying the time you spent watching it? Even if it ended with Barney the dinosaur sitting on the Iron Throne, I still enjoyed the story long the way. It's not like I wasted my time watching just because the ending wasn't great.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly, nothing is more annoying than fandoms, sometimes.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 pm Honestly, nothing is more annoying than fandoms, sometimes.
I participated in a LOST group for awhile. It was the first time internet "sleuth" group I was in. It was fun and I would have never picked up on all the red herrings and easter eggs if it wasn't for that group. BUT. When the show ended. OMG. I have never witnessed such insane crazedom over a television show before. People were so mad they were making threats to the creators and writers.
KAG
Mean Girl
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I heard that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were working on the scripts with some Russians in an attempt to keep Americans continually upset.
Locked Previous topicNext topic