To Understand Mueller Report, Ignore Talking Heads And Read It

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

While cable TV segments spent Thursday haggling over the meaning of exoneration and the standard for obstruction of justice, the public’s best use of time involved the consumption of the report itself. Robert Mueller’s masterwork is a meandering tale of tantalizing connections and volatile tensions involving America and Russia, the Trump White House and its various subsets, and a rogue’s gallery of friends, lawyers, and associates of the President.
The Mueller team has drawn praise and criticism, but whether it is a Boy Scout troop of straight arrows or a den of partisans, no one doubts that it tried with all its might to find everything that could be found in its examination of Trump and Russia. That’s why the bottom line of “no collusion, no obstruction” is the most dominant development as this chapter draws to a close.

https://townhall.com/columnists/markdav ... p=22151825
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree with the sentiment behind this posts title. I downloaded it to slowly read more out of curiosity than anything. I read fast but it has to be a novel I’m into, lol, it’ll take me a while to get through all 448 pages. But one thing one must remember is that even if people actually read it, not just an article with a summation of key points, we aren’t necessarily going to interpret it exactly the same. Take, for example, the summary, some have read it and felt Trump was totally and completely exonerated, others have taken it as exonerated of collusion but that there may have been some obstruction, while others take it to conspiracy level extremes. Of course there are varying interpretations in between.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am I agree with the sentiment behind this posts title. I downloaded it to slowly read more out of curiosity than anything. I read fast but it has to be a novel I’m into, lol, it’ll take me a while to get through all 448 pages. But one thing one must remember is that even if people actually read it, not just an article with a summation of key points, we aren’t necessarily going to interpret it exactly the same. Take, for example, the summary, some have read it and felt Trump was totally and completely exonerated, others have taken it as exonerated of collusion but that there may have been some obstruction, while others take it to conspiracy level extremes. Of course there are varying interpretations in between.
Knowing that a prosecutor does not have the job of exenorating people, you clearly were not looking for statements of exenorating evidence. Correct?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am I agree with the sentiment behind this posts title. I downloaded it to slowly read more out of curiosity than anything. I read fast but it has to be a novel I’m into, lol, it’ll take me a while to get through all 448 pages. But one thing one must remember is that even if people actually read it, not just an article with a summation of key points, we aren’t necessarily going to interpret it exactly the same. Take, for example, the summary, some have read it and felt Trump was totally and completely exonerated, others have taken it as exonerated of collusion but that there may have been some obstruction, while others take it to conspiracy level extremes. Of course there are varying interpretations in between.
Knowing that a prosecutor does not have the job of exenorating people, you clearly were not looking for statements of exenorating evidence. Correct?
This is true. Unfortunately, not everyone comprehends this and have held different expectations. The HJC has not helped with their talk of subpoenas. It’s a highly disappointing and extremely poor strategy that has created even more biases that may discourage people from reading the actual report and opting for opinionated narratives.
Locked Previous topicNext topic