Meghan McCain tells Trump “No one will ever love you like they loved my father” in response to tweet bashing John McCain

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I just love Meghan.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 am

Not really. A lot of conservatives never really liked McCain.
But they didn’t start attacking him with such vileness until Trump put a target on his back.
If you say so. But there was a reason a lot of people referred to him as a RINO way before Trump.
I keep seeing conservatives stating this but can find nothing reported prior to 2015 that McCain was a RINO even during the Clinton administration when the term RINO became popular. McCain voted 87% party line prior to 2015 and 81% since. Are you sure that "people referred to him as RINO way before Trump" or did this labeling occur with the rise of the Alt-Right. Can you possible find references to McCain being a RINO prior to 2015 or are you going on memory?
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:41 pm

But they didn’t start attacking him with such vileness until Trump put a target on his back.
If you say so. But there was a reason a lot of people referred to him as a RINO way before Trump.
I keep seeing conservatives stating this but can find nothing reported prior to 2015 that McCain was a RINO even during the Clinton administration when the term RINO became popular. McCain voted 87% party line prior to 2015 and 81% since. Are you sure that "people referred to him as RINO way before Trump" or did this labeling occur with the rise of the Alt-Right. Can you possible find references to McCain being a RINO prior to 2015 or are you going on memory?
Forget the word RINO
Look for articles or interviews where he trashed his party
That's why we didn't like him.
His constituency was the media not his voters.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Forget the word RINO
BS
He had the right idea and he criticized his party which was a wise move.
If they had listened to him, the Republican Party might be worthwhile and believable now instead of just a bunch of self involved, greedy , unamerican frauds.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Forget the word RINO
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ButchersWife wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm I just love Meghan.
Me too
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t know the exact date and I can’t really find one. I think it may go back to his “Maverick” days. He was proud to be called a maverick, and Mavericks tend to be more independent or moderate.

It may go back to 2001-2002 when his favorable rating was higher among democrats than it was from republicans.
Republicans had a rocky road with McCain as well. Gallup found that more Democrats than Republicans had a favorable view of McCain in 2001 and 2002.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.review ... ident/amp/

I don’t have a date, but I remember him being referred to that way for a long time. Since he ran for president, maybe even before that.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 am

I don’t know the exact date and I can’t really find one. I think it may go back to his “Maverick” days. He was proud to be called a maverick, and Mavericks tend to be more independent or moderate.
Wasn't the fact that Trump wasn't a typical republican politician some of his appeal? I think you're wrong about this and this is backed up by your not being able to find anything. As msb64 said, this has more to do with the new extremism, alt right and the following of Trump regardless if it makes sense.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I sincerely hope she's in some type of grief counseling.

I get it...she loved her dad. But not everyone did. That's politics and I have to wonder if John McCain were still alive, if he wouldn't tell her to pull back on the throttle a little?

It's at the point where you wait for her to make yet another unhinged comment.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 am
DSamuels wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 am

Wasn't the fact that Trump wasn't a typical republican politician some of his appeal? I think you're wrong about this and this is backed up by your not being able to find anything. As msb64 said, this has more to do with the new extremism, alt right and the following of Trump regardless if it makes sense.
The term RINO has been around since the 1920's. It is not new by any means. I just haven’t found a specific first time McCain was called it. In the Urban Dictionary under “John McCain” there were several references that he was a RINO dated various years in the 2000's.

That Trump wasn’t a career politician was and is part of his appeal. The republicans that he criticizes the most seem to be the ones that a lot of conservatives think are RINOs.

I have never thought of McCain as a conservative. He’s always been more moderate which is why democrats liked him and conservatives did not. That isn’t something new.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic