Meghan McCain tells Trump “No one will ever love you like they loved my father” in response to tweet bashing John McCain

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. And the only reason Trump,chose him as his next target is because he started becoming more moderate in these last years. Nothing wrong with that, it’s never to late to reconsider your views and positions. But that made him a perfect target that he could use to further rile up all his little followers and give them a new sense of purpose and “unity”.
Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm Some of the comments in that post are brutal against McCain.
Trump’s followers started to hate McCain after Trump did. I mean they hate and love whomever Trump tells them to. I’m not sure why. I was neutral on McCain but Trump tweeting that was crossing the line of human decency.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm Some of the comments in that post are brutal against McCain.
Trump’s followers started to hate McCain after Trump did. I mean they hate and love whomever Trump tells them to. I’m not sure why. I was neutral on McCain but Trump tweeting that was crossing the line of human decency.
Not really. A lot of conservatives never really liked McCain.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:08 am

I don't know if it's that so much as McCain was very clearly a Democrat in Republican clothes. That seems to have been even more pronounced after Trump was in office. We have one from Chicago like that only the reverse - labels himself as a Democrat but votes pretty much in lockstep with Republicans.

I don't think McCain ever got past that horrible comment Trump made during his campaign, something like he prefers his war heros not captured or something along those lines.

I've never been a big fan of McCain, but I still find that upsetting. I'm not over it ... I'm sure he had a hard time getting past that as well.
That comment about McCain being a POW for years was despicable.

But I see McCain as being a Real Republican. The people who call themselves Republicans now are not even close to being real Republicans , not honest or concerned with the American citizens they’re supposedly working for.
I voted Republican in 1964 for Goldwater.
Republican Eisenhower and Goldwater were both good men.
The party has turned into a collection of self involved money grubbing opportunists who are being funded and bought by Big Oil, billionaires with agendas and evangelicals who want to send us back to the days of the puritans and “Salem witch trials” .
It’s discouraging.
Both sides are horribly off the rails honestly. We need to get a libertarian foothold, but these 2 parties are so entrenched I don't see it ever happening. It is really discouraging.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 am
That's my observation also. I've always described him as a Democrat in Republican clothes. Vote your conscience, always, but identify yourself properly so that your constituents know what they're getting when they vote.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:38 am

That's my observation also. I've always described him as a Democrat in Republican clothes. Vote your conscience, always, but identify yourself properly so that your constituents know what they're getting when they vote.
I disagree.
He was a REAL Republican.

But if you guys say he’s a democrat in republican clothes, I see that as a good thing. Because the Republican party has been completely altered and is no longer interested in working for the people of our country.
Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The saddest part of all of this is watching the Republican party & their voters attack a veteran, POW, & man who served his country for his entire life. The party of patriotism has lost its way & now gets off on bashing a POW. They can no longer call themselves patriots when they act this way towards an honored military man.

my dad volunteered (not drafted) and served in Viet Nam. It's disgusting to see just how republican voters act towards the veterans they once claimed to support no matter what.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But they didn’t start attacking him with such vileness until Trump put a target on his back.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

She's correct.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:38 am

McCain voted along party lines 87% of the time. How was he a "democrat in republican clothes"?
Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Funny how McCain was good enough to vote for as President & as a Senator until Trump came along.
Locked Previous topicNext topic