Meghan McCain tells Trump “No one will ever love you like they loved my father” in response to tweet bashing John McCain

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm Some of the comments in that post are brutal against McCain.
Trump’s followers started to hate McCain after Trump did. I mean they hate and love whomever Trump tells them to. I’m not sure why. I was neutral on McCain but Trump tweeting that was crossing the line of human decency.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Trump slammed as ‘a vile human being’ for launching attack on deceased Sen John McCain
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What exactly was that supposed to accomplish? How was making that comment helpful? Honest to Pete...why?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm Some of the comments in that post are brutal against McCain.
Trump’s followers started to hate McCain after Trump did. I mean they hate and love whomever Trump tells them to. I’m not sure why. I was neutral on McCain but Trump tweeting that was crossing the line of human decency.

I don't know if it's that so much as McCain was very clearly a Democrat in Republican clothes. That seems to have been even more pronounced after Trump was in office. We have one from Chicago like that only the reverse - labels himself as a Democrat but votes pretty much in lockstep with Republicans.

I don't think McCain ever got past that horrible comment Trump made during his campaign, something like he prefers his war heros not captured or something along those lines.

I've never been a big fan of McCain, but I still find that upsetting. I'm not over it ... I'm sure he had a hard time getting past that as well.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm the left hated him until Trump.
No, but they did despise Palin.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:08 am

I don't know if it's that so much as McCain was very clearly a Democrat in Republican clothes. That seems to have been even more pronounced after Trump was in office. We have one from Chicago like that only the reverse - labels himself as a Democrat but votes pretty much in lockstep with Republicans.

I don't think McCain ever got past that horrible comment Trump made during his campaign, something like he prefers his war heros not captured or something along those lines.

I've never been a big fan of McCain, but I still find that upsetting. I'm not over it ... I'm sure he had a hard time getting past that as well.
I can understand not voting for McCain or supporting him if they don’t like his views but the actual hate after Trump started attacking him was disturbing. McCain never did anything wrong just maybe got more liberal in his old age. And most people didn’t like the fact that Trump didn’t serve during wartime, was a draft dodger, but acted like he knew what made a war hero.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 am

I can understand not voting for McCain or supporting him if they don’t like his views but the actual hate after Trump started attacking him was disturbing. McCain never did anything wrong just maybe got more liberal in his old age. And most people didn’t like the fact that Trump didn’t serve during wartime, was a draft dodger, but acted like he knew what made a war hero.
Yes, that bothers me also. He's critical of McCain "getting caught", however, I didn't see him over there putting himself at risk. You don't have the right to criticize anyone who spent 5 years in enemy custody.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 am
Didn't everyone? :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That comment about McCain being a POW for years was despicable.

But I see McCain as being a Real Republican. The people who call themselves Republicans now are not even close to being real Republicans , not honest or concerned with the American citizens they’re supposedly working for.
I voted Republican in 1964 for Goldwater.
Republican Eisenhower and Goldwater were both good men.
The party has turned into a collection of self involved money grubbing opportunists who are being funded and bought by Big Oil, billionaires with agendas and evangelicals who want to send us back to the days of the puritans and “Salem witch trials” .
It’s discouraging.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 am
Palin was hysterical! Hilarious! I couldn’t hate her.
But , as a Moderate Democrat, I didn’t respect her.
Locked Previous topicNext topic