One in five children live in Conflict Zones

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://cnn.it/2S1xA7O
I
One in five children live in conflict zones according to the group “Save the Children “.
Something must be done about this.

( why do human beings seem to need to create conflict and wars - and then not care that children are victims?)
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In Vietnam children are still being born with severe birth defects as a result of agent orange.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is a shame. Many of these countries can simply end the conflicts, but it is all about power and greed. Even the religious wars are just an excuse for power.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 am In Vietnam children are still being born with severe birth defects as a result of agent orange.
Yep
It’s just discouraging. Depressing.

And we did that to them.
Good old America 🙄
(I was always against the war in Vietnam)
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10 am It is a shame. Many of these countries can simply end the conflicts, but it is all about power and greed. Even the religious wars are just an excuse for power.
It is.
I always have to “count to ten” and zip my lip when someone spouts that patriotic crap about how the military is “ protecting our country “ when actually we’re only in foreign countries shooting and bombing for control , power and assets such as oil , etc.
...sigh.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10 am It is a shame. Many of these countries can simply end the conflicts, but it is all about power and greed. Even the religious wars are just an excuse for power.
It is.
I always have to “count to ten” and zip my lip when someone spouts that patriotic crap about how the military is “ protecting our country “ when actually we’re only in foreign countries shooting and bombing for control , power and assets such as oil , etc.
...sigh.
We are a military family. I served six years in the Naval Reserve and my husband had been in the Army (and elements) for 25 years now. While I was never deployed to a war zone, the work that we do there is awesome. FYI, we are a Canadian military family. But sometimes it is not about patriotism but more about helping some nations move from a regime that mutilates young girls and kills the people that try to teach them to read. Sometimes we need to intervene in their own country rather than react after a bombing or something here. But you are so correct that many North American led conflicts have had clear and present economic and political aims.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 am In Vietnam children are still being born with severe birth defects as a result of agent orange.
It all started when Eve offered and ate the forbidden fruit.
Sin
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Kalea wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:49 am
Sin
Oh please
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Kalea wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:49 am
Sin
Sorry....I meant to quote the one who posted this
Locked Previous topicNext topic