Trump to sign border security bill, declare national emergency for wall funds

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think that’s even the argument. Even if there’s a “crisis” in certain areas, a wall isn’t the solution to that crisis. Not to mention that THIS particular wall isn’t viable. But finding an actual solution is hard, so Trump is selling his minions the “wall” in order to keep their support because his failures have been appalling. He needs to keep his supporters nice and riled up behind something simple minded and easy to sell: a “wall”. The rest of the world, though, realizes what a dumb idea it is.
Personally, I hope he finally builds that thing. Because then he and his supporters can go one of two ways. Either they’ll realize it doesn’t really do anything and it will be fun seeing them trying to explain that one and find another thing to rally behind, or they will pretend it works and call every situation with illegal immigrants “fake news” because it can’t be, since Trump solved the problem in the same way he “defeated ISIS” 😂 Either way, they’ll have to stop vilifying immigrants. But I’m thinking they’ll go for the second one, because there’s no way they’ll ever admit to their idol having screwed up.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm Has anyone looked into what people have to say that live/work at or near the border? I've started to seek out some interviews and articles and things.

It sounds like it's no joke. Being thousands of miles away, I didn't think about being a " crisis". I didn't give much weight to that argument at all.

I guess it's a crisis to those that are trying to live, work and keep the peace there. It sounds pretty serious.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:00 am
Francee89 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:42 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm Has anyone looked into what people have to say that live/work at or near the border? I've started to seek out some interviews and articles and things.

It sounds like it's no joke. Being thousands of miles away, I didn't think about being a " crisis". I didn't give much weight to that argument at all.

I guess it's a crisis to those that are trying to live, work and keep the peace there. It sounds pretty serious.
So serious and so pressing that he’s declaring an emergency, but taking off on vacation hours later. Also, why is it an emergency now but it wasn’t one for the first almost two years of his Presidency, where he didn’t do a thing about it?

I guess we have no way of knowing everything that he was working on during the first two years. We know nothing until it gets publicized.

How do we know that this WASN'T brought up and worked on and no one talked about it until it became a stand off?

I'm sure there's a lot that happens daily that we don't have a view to just as part of the day to day work. We only hear about things when they become press worthy.
Why would it have been kept 100% silent for two years, and what are the odds of that actually happening? And we know it wasn’t a priority last year, when Trump grumbled but signed a budget without any wall funding passed by the GOP controlled House and Senate. But now it’s suddenly an emergency? Well, not such an emergency he isn’t going on vacation mere hours later, as one does when they’re facing a crisis.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Since the number of illegal immigrants has declined instead of grown in recent years Trump is full of shit in claiming there is some kind of emergency. What a lying ass.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:12 pm

He’ll face legal challenges, and should it hold up, enjoy the next Democratic President using it if or when they decide healthcare or climate change is a national emergency.

Not to mention, this doesn’t magically fund his wall, and at the end of the day this unpopular move, a continuation of his temper tantrum, is just him breaking his promise for Mexico to pay for it, yet again.
The next president can prove a whole lot easier that there is a gun crisis. One more mass shooting with an American gun and there’s your crisis.

Trump isn’t going to be able to use fake facts if he goes this route and it’s in court. No more lying about a wall stopping drugs. No more lies about El Paso crime going down when the wall was built. Didn’t happen. More money wasted on stupidity.
The problem with that idea is the Constitution.
Constitution is amended all the time. Remember a time when Americans didn't consider black people fully human? Neither do I because it's way in the past thanks to the 13th amendment.

Gun control will be probably come too late but it's gaining in popularity.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am Since the number of illegal immigrants has declined instead of grown in recent years Trump is full of shit in claiming there is some kind of emergency. What a lying ass.
Obama actually had a better handle on illegal crossings than Trump. It's actually worsening since he became president. Trump's too obsessed with his "wall" chant and isn't working on real solutions. Unless they are actively trying to create a crisis.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Many Trumpsters don’t know that Obama has the record on deportations, much higher numbers than Trump. So why aren’t they worshipping him?
Lemons wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am Since the number of illegal immigrants has declined instead of grown in recent years Trump is full of sh*t in claiming there is some kind of emergency. What a lying ass.
Obama actually had a better handle on illegal crossings than Trump. It's actually worsening since he became president. Trump's too obsessed with his "wall" chant and isn't working on real solutions. Unless they are actively trying to create a crisis.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Probably because when "like circumstances" are compared it is not true.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:32 pm Many Trumpsters don’t know that Obama has the record on deportations, much higher numbers than Trump. So why aren’t they worshipping him?
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am Since the number of illegal immigrants has declined instead of grown in recent years Trump is full of sh*t in claiming there is some kind of emergency. What a lying ass.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why don't you two uber libs get your shit together, get one accurate set of facts for the narrative - and we can go from there.

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am Since the number of illegal immigrants has declined instead of grown in recent years Trump is full of shit in claiming there is some kind of emergency. What a lying ass.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is true, honey. But we all know you are the queen of delusion and blind idolatry to that oaf. When he said he could murder someone in the middle of the street and not lose votes. he meant you! You would find a way to sing his praises even then. 😂
Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:38 pm Probably because when "like circumstances" are compared it is not true.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:32 pm Many Trumpsters don’t know that Obama has the record on deportations, much higher numbers than Trump. So why aren’t they worshipping him?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's not true
Barack Hussein changed the way the counting was done.
The media said that - not Candidate Trump
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm It is true, honey. But we all know you are the queen of delusion and blind idolatry to that oa. When he said he could murder someone in the middle of the street and not lose votes. he meant you! You would find a way to sing his praises even then. 😂
Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:38 pm Probably because when "like circumstances" are compared it is not true.

Locked Previous topicNext topic