Trump to sign border security bill, declare national emergency for wall funds

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Personally, I would prefer a shutdown over a national emergency. You do realize we are under about 30 declared national emergencies every day? I don't like what I've heard about the bill, and I would prefer that Trump not sign it. I also think we have enough national emergencies to deal with. I wish he would not cave to Pelousi like this.
Then again, he does have quite a bit of discretionary funding that he can spend however he wants, and Pelousi can't say a thing about it. Oh, and the military spending bill can fund a lot of the "wall" as well. We gonna get something up on the border to stop the trafficking, one way or another.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm You realize you’re asking his supporters to use some intelligence and common sense, right? That’s asking too much of them... they just want to hear that this is another “victory” for him even if it was a dismal failure.
Francee89 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:12 pm

He’ll face legal challenges, and should it hold up, enjoy the next Democratic President using it if or when they decide healthcare or climate change is a national emergency.

Not to mention, this doesn’t magically fund his wall, and at the end of the day this unpopular move, a continuation of his temper tantrum, is just him breaking his promise for Mexico to pay for it, yet again.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Has anyone looked into what people have to say that live/work at or near the border? I've started to seek out some interviews and articles and things.

It sounds like it's no joke. Being thousands of miles away, I didn't think about being a " crisis". I didn't give much weight to that argument at all.

I guess it's a crisis to those that are trying to live, work and keep the peace there. It sounds pretty serious.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm Has anyone looked into what people have to say that live/work at or near the border? I've started to seek out some interviews and articles and things.

It sounds like it's no joke. Being thousands of miles away, I didn't think about being a " crisis". I didn't give much weight to that argument at all.

I guess it's a crisis to those that are trying to live, work and keep the peace there. It sounds pretty serious.
So serious and so pressing that he’s declaring an emergency, but taking off on vacation hours later. Also, why is it an emergency now but it wasn’t one for the first almost two years of his Presidency, where he didn’t do a thing about it?

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm Personally, I would prefer a shutdown over a national emergency. You do realize we are under about 30 declared national emergencies every day? I don't like what I've heard about the bill, and I would prefer that Trump not sign it. I also think we have enough national emergencies to deal with. I wish he would not cave to Pelousi like this.
Then again, he does have quite a bit of discretionary funding that he can spend however he wants, and Pelousi can't say a thing about it. Oh, and the military spending bill can fund a lot of the "wall" as well. We gonna get something up on the border to stop the trafficking, one way or another.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm You realize you’re asking his supporters to use some intelligence and common sense, right? That’s asking too much of them... they just want to hear that this is another “victory” for him even if it was a dismal failure.

He’ll face legal challenges, and should it hold up, enjoy the next Democratic President using it if or when they decide healthcare or climate change is a national emergency.

Not to mention, this doesn’t magically fund his wall, and at the end of the day this unpopular move, a continuation of his temper tantrum, is just him breaking his promise for Mexico to pay for it, yet again.
Pelosi might not be able to say a thing about it, but the courts can when it’s inevitably legally challenged. The DOJ has already warned them its likely to be blocked in court. And if the courts eventually allow him to pull money from wherever he wants simply by declaring a national emergency, the GOP certainly has a lot to look forward to next time there’s a Democratic President who can suddenly decide, say, climate change, healthcare or education costs are national emergencies!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bad board move, Mr Trump.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 pm Pelosi might not be able to say a thing about it, but the courts can when it’s inevitably legally challenged. The DOJ has already warned them its likely to be blocked in court.
Ah, but the next 'national emergency' will be "getting rid of that corrupt Department of so-called-Justice and replacing them with real patriotic heros of this American Nation."
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm

The next president can prove a whole lot easier that there is a gun crisis. One more mass shooting with an American gun and there’s your crisis.

Trump isn’t going to be able to use fake facts if he goes this route and it’s in court. No more lying about a wall stopping drugs. No more lies about El Paso crime going down when the wall was built. Didn’t happen. More money wasted on stupidity.
The problem with that idea is the Constitution.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Have any of his stooges, I mean supporters, here actually defended this plan?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:42 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm Has anyone looked into what people have to say that live/work at or near the border? I've started to seek out some interviews and articles and things.

So serious and so pressing that he’s declaring an emergency, but taking off on vacation hours later. Also, why is it an emergency now but it wasn’t one for the first almost two years of his Presidency, where he didn’t do a thing about it?

I guess we have no way of knowing everything that he was working on during the first two years. We know nothing until it gets publicized.

How do we know that this WASN'T brought up and worked on and no one talked about it until it became a stand off?

I'm sure there's a lot that happens daily that we don't have a view to just as part of the day to day work. We only hear about things when they become press worthy.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder how many Americans will have to suffer for it...

The money won’t just magically appear... he will have to take it from vital areas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic