Chris Pratt responds to Ellen Page's criticism of his church on LGBTQ issues, says its members 'open their doors to all.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok, so those beliefs tell me homosexuality is wrong. So? Who am I hurting? Why do you care if it’s the word of G-d or dumb made up nonsense? I’m not disrespecting or demeaning anyone, I’m not taking away anyone’s rights, so what’s it to you?
I’ve asked you twice now, so answer already: YOU disagree with my beliefs, does that mean you HATE me? Yes or no? I mean, pretty pathetic accusing ME of deflecting (I’ve been pretty honest about my views, unlike you) when you seem to be ignoring that simple question. Do YOU hate ME, and those who share my beliefs, yes or no?
And please, point out where I’m “deflecting”.
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 pm Because you’re using those beliefs to justify homosexuality as wrong. So call me intolerant and hateful all you want, but you wear that hat, too. Just under the guise of religion, which makes it worse.

And I notice you deflected.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am Oh my. Aren’t YOU the hateful, intolerant one...? Thanks for proving my point...
Why do you give a rat’s ass what I believe? Why do I need to justify my beliefs to you or anyone else? You want to believe the book I consider to be truth is “dumb”? Cool. None of my business and as long as YOU don’t interfere with my right to believe whatever I want, I don’t care about your prejudices. The moment I use those beliefs to attack, harm or insult another person, please, feel free to hit me with your self righteousness. But as long as I’M being the tolerant one, respecting the rights of others to act according to their beliefs, please spare me your attempt at moral superiority. It’s pathetic that you’re portraying yourself as the voice against hatred, when YOU are the one demeaning me and my beliefs.
Anonadon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 pm Your beliefs are based upon nothing. A dumb book told you it’s wrong to love a person with the same genitalia as you. Can you even explain why you think it’s wrong?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with you 100%.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 pm What she’s doing, imo, is most dangerous and destructive to tolerance growth. I own my intolerance, And one of them happens to be towards the infringement on the most basic human right of free thought. Shaming someone, trying to call it intolerance, trying to call it hate for what they believe, for their very basic human right, when it’s not being acted on to infringe on others, IS infringement of free thought. It’s trying to control and dictate how another person thinks. I don’t give a rats ass what she believes. It’s when she started the sanctimonious and totally fake “it’s hard to tolerate hate” that it crossed a line for me. Before a person can fight intolerance in the world, they need to identify, understand, and change those intolerances that they can in their own hearts.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am Exactly. And Anonadon is the perfect example of this nonsense. She considers herself more tolerant and less hateful because as long as no one is getting hurt, that’s her definition of “OK”? So obviously she can agree with more people, therefore she’s more tolerant. BS. Tolerance is measured by how you treat those you disagree with, not by the amount of people you can agree with. And let see... I think homosexual acts are wrong, but I wouldn’t demean or mistreat a person that chooses to engage in an homosexual relationship. In fact, my mom is good friends with a gay double, she even went to their wedding. And when she invited them over for her birthday I cooked the whole meal and was happy to cook for them (I guess I gotta say that another firm belief Imhave is that food is love, lol) and during the meal they asked us questions about being Orthodox Jews and me, my DH and my sons were happy to answer any questions and treated them like the human beings they are, deserving of honor and respect, even if we disagree with their actions.

But then there’s Anonadon, glorifying herself as the one fighting against hatred. But instead of giving me that same respect, she says that my views are based on “nothing” and calls my sacred book “dumb”... so what’s really an example of hatred? Isn’t it obvious? I don’t care what others choose to DO, I wouldn’t insult or mistreat them over it. But she does insult me and demean me based on what I THINK? Gee, talk about intolerance..
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:02 am Evidently tolerance is limited to only agreement and what that isn't found, hypocrisy is.

Don't go to his church. Voila!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I have hatred for all religious zealots, yes. I never claimed to be tolerant. I think basing your life on something that probably doesn’t exist is the definition of idiocy.

And you still haven’t answered why you think homosexuality is wrong. How is love between two consenting adults wrong?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm Ok, so those beliefs tell me homosexuality is wrong. So? Who am I hurting? Why do you care if it’s the word of G-d or dumb made up nonsense? I’m not disrespecting or demeaning anyone, I’m not taking away anyone’s rights, so what’s it to you?
I’ve asked you twice now, so answer already: YOU disagree with my beliefs, does that mean you HATE me? Yes or no? I mean, pretty pathetic accusing ME of deflecting (I’ve been pretty honest about my views, unlike you) when you seem to be ignoring that simple question. Do YOU hate ME, and those who share my beliefs, yes or no?
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 pm Because you’re using those beliefs to justify homosexuality as wrong. So call me intolerant and hateful all you want, but you wear that hat, too. Just under the guise of religion, which makes it worse.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am Oh my. Aren’t YOU the hateful, intolerant one...? Thanks for proving my point...
Why do you give a rat’s ass what I believe? Why do I need to justify my beliefs to you or anyone else? You want to believe the book I consider to be truth is “dumb”? Cool. None of my business and as long as YOU don’t interfere with my right to believe whatever I want, I don’t care about your prejudices. The moment I use those beliefs to attack, harm or insult another person, please, feel free to hit me with your self righteousness. But as long as I’M being the tolerant one, respecting the rights of others to act according to their beliefs, please spare me your attempt at moral superiority. It’s pathetic that you’re portraying yourself as the voice against hatred, when YOU are the one demeaning me and my beliefs.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why do I have to justify my beliefs to you? You already admitted to being intolerant, so whatever I say will just fuel your bigotry and prejudice. And, as I said, I’m not hurting anyone by believing what I do, so I don’t have to justify myself to prejudiced people.
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm I have hatred for all religious zealots, yes. I never claimed to be tolerant. I think basing your life on something that probably doesn’t exist is the definition of idiocy.

And you still haven’t answered why you think homosexuality is wrong. How is love between two consenting adults wrong?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm Ok, so those beliefs tell me homosexuality is wrong. So? Who am I hurting? Why do you care if it’s the word of G-d or dumb made up nonsense? I’m not disrespecting or demeaning anyone, I’m not taking away anyone’s rights, so what’s it to you?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Keep on deflecting.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm Why do I have to justify my beliefs to you? You already admitted to being intolerant, so whatever I say will just fuel your bigotry and prejudice. And, as I said, I’m not hurting anyone by believing what I do, so I don’t have to justify myself to prejudiced people.
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm I have hatred for all religious zealots, yes. I never claimed to be tolerant. I think basing your life on something that probably doesn’t exist is the definition of idiocy.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not deflecting. I’m downright refusing to justify myself or my beliefs to someone that proudly admits to being intolerant and who considers me dumb. And since I’m hurting no one, I don’t have to justify myself. That’s not deflection, honey. Maybe you should learn what that means. That’s not wishing to engage in a pointless discussion with someone who has no respect whatsoever for me. And I’m not pretending otherwise, I’m telling it to you directly.
Have a nice life!
Anonadon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:00 am Keep on deflecting.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm Why do I have to justify my beliefs to you? You already admitted to being intolerant, so whatever I say will just fuel your bigotry and prejudice. And, as I said, I’m not hurting anyone by believing what I do, so I don’t have to justify myself to prejudiced people.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

IMHO, when those beliefs turn towards hurting and/or insulting others or encouraging hatred of others. Me thinking certain actions are wrong doesn’t hurt anyone. It’s my personal opinion and belief. I won’t treat you any differently if you engage in those actions, I won’t lecture you, I won’t try to take away your right to engage in those actions. I’m not even suggesting- as it was done to me here- that others should believe what I do or they’re horrible people. So why not extend to me the same tolerance I’m extending to those I disagree with? Why should I be called dumb and hateful when I’m neither simply because I have a different belief?
msb64 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 am Is it ever okay to criticize a church or belief? When does that criticism turn into intolerance? What about societal views of WBC, FLDS, or Scientology? Should people as a whole ignore other's belief systems in the name of freedom of religion even if they feel they are unjust, bigoted, or dangerous?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How sad that disagreement and hate are synonyms for you. I personally can separate the 2 and still love someone, even if I think they’re doing something wrong. My parents are reform Jews, I’m Orthodox. I believe many things they do are wrong, but I love them to pieces and I respect them as individuals with their free will and as my parents, I honor them. Thinking someone I’d doing so,etching wrong doesn’t mean Imhate them. You must be a very hateful person if you hate everyone you disagree with 🤷‍♀️. No wonder you sound so bitter.
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am I’m not being intolerant. She can believe whatever she wants. It’s just sh*t to think love is wrong between any two adults because something that probably doesn’t even exist told you to do so. You’ll never convince me that’s not hate.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 am You can believe what you want, doesn’t change the fact that it’s not the definition of hate. It’s sad. I really don’t think you realize what you are doing. Saying “it’s hard to tolerate hate” and redefining hate to justify and make you feel better about your own intolerances. Not realizing that shaming someone for something they believe, for their free thoughts, is trying to infringe on her human right to free thought. Her having those beliefs, those free thoughts, do not in and of themselves infringe on anyone’s human rights. As I said earlier, be careful of your own intolerances.
Anonadon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 pm Deeming something wrong that happens between two consenting adults and harms no one is my definition of hate.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I knew you wouldn’t answer. Because the answer is probably the dumb book told you it’s wrong, so it must be wrong.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am I’m not deflecting. I’m downright refusing to justify myself or my beliefs to someone that proudly admits to being intolerant and who considers me dumb. And since I’m hurting no one, I don’t have to justify myself. That’s not deflection, honey. Maybe you should learn what that means. That’s not wishing to engage in a pointless discussion with someone who has no respect whatsoever for me. And I’m not pretending otherwise, I’m telling it to you directly.
Have a nice life!
Anonadon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:00 am Keep on deflecting.

Deleted User 969

Unread post

I think you’re a phony, as are most zealots.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am How sad that disagreement and hate are synonyms for you. I personally can separate the 2 and still love someone, even if I think they’re doing something wrong. My parents are reform Jews, I’m Orthodox. I believe many things they do are wrong, but I love them to pieces and I respect them as individuals with their free will and as my parents, I honor them. Thinking someone I’d doing so,etching wrong doesn’t mean Imhate them. You must be a very hateful person if you hate everyone you disagree with 🤷‍♀️. No wonder you sound so bitter.
Anonadon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am I’m not being intolerant. She can believe whatever she wants. It’s just sh*t to think love is wrong between any two adults because something that probably doesn’t even exist told you to do so. You’ll never convince me that’s not hate.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 am You can believe what you want, doesn’t change the fact that it’s not the definition of hate. It’s sad. I really don’t think you realize what you are doing. Saying “it’s hard to tolerate hate” and redefining hate to justify and make you feel better about your own intolerances. Not realizing that shaming someone for something they believe, for their free thoughts, is trying to infringe on her human right to free thought. Her having those beliefs, those free thoughts, do not in and of themselves infringe on anyone’s human rights. As I said earlier, be careful of your own intolerances.

Locked Previous topicNext topic