Chris Pratt responds to Ellen Page's criticism of his church on LGBTQ issues, says its members 'open their doors to all.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Should I know who Ellen Page is?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Then she should probably not go to his church. Really this shouldn’t be a religion vs lgbtq divide. Respect and tolerance doesn’t mean towards just what you agree with. He can be a member of his church without infringing on her human rights and she can extend the same to him. Not rocket science.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm Then she should probably not go to his church. Really this shouldn’t be a religion vs lgbtq divide. Respect and tolerance doesn’t mean towards just what you agree with. He can be a member of his church without infringing on his human rights and she can extend the same to him. Not rocket science.
That was a while back -

Now it is not enough to accept what one might find abhorent - one has to embrace and promote it.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm Then she should probably not go to his church. Really this shouldn’t be a religion vs lgbtq divide. Respect and tolerance doesn’t mean towards just what you agree with. He can be a member of his church without infringing on her human rights and she can extend the same to him. Not rocket science.
Or a Roman Catholic one. I don't agree with the stance my church has. But it has a right to it. I do believe the Episcopal church will embrace the community if Ellen is seeking a church. I'm sure there are others.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe she should do as she preaches and be tolerant. He’s entitled to whatever beliefs he has and I’m yet to see him push those beliefs on others or make any anti-gay comments. It’s quite possible to be a part of a religion that condemns ho sexuality without hat meaning mistreating and disrespecting other people and deny them rights.
So if she glorifies herself as an “accepting” and “tolerating” person, she should accept and tolerate that some people have different beliefs and, as long as they’re not hurting anyone, they have a right to those beliefs. If she completely disagrees with that Church’s views, then by all means, find another path. The beauty of living in a free society is that you can do that. Maybe she should be granting that same freedom to others.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well said!!!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm Then she should probably not go to his church. Really this shouldn’t be a religion vs lgbtq divide. Respect and tolerance doesn’t mean towards just what you agree with. He can be a member of his church without infringing on her human rights and she can extend the same to him. Not rocket science.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Ellen Page is annoying, but, man, it’s pretty hard to be tolerant of people/organizations that believe that it’s wrong for two adults to love each other just because they both have vaginas.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:54 pm Maybe she should do as she preaches and be tolerant. He’s entitled to whatever beliefs he has and I’m yet to see him push those beliefs on others or make any anti-gay comments. It’s quite possible to be a part of a religion that condemns ho sexuality without hat meaning mistreating and disrespecting other people and deny them rights.
So if she glorifies herself as an “accepting” and “tolerating” person, she should accept and tolerate that some people have different beliefs and, as long as they’re not hurting anyone, they have a right to those beliefs. If she completely disagrees with that Church’s views, then by all means, find another path. The beauty of living in a free society is that you can do that. Maybe she should be granting that same freedom to others.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that’s when that little thing called “tolerance” should kick in, especially in those that demand it. To say that those that I perceive as intolerant aren’t worthy of tolerance is the perfect example of hypocrisy and incongruence. It doesn’t require a great amount of effort to tolerate those you agree with or even those you don’t disagree with. Tolerance is only tested when faced with those you disagree with. And that’s when the true colors come out. Tolerance isn’t measured by the amount of people you can agree with, it’s measured in how you act towards those you disagree with.
I believe homosexual acts are wrong. However, that doesn’t mean I mistreat individuals for doing that, or that I go around trying to make their choice of partners illegal, or I’m disrespecting anyone over it. I have the ability to tolerate that people will believe differently and act according to what they believe and that doesn’t make them any less worthy of respect. The only thing I would ask is the same consideration in return. I won’t compromise what I believe is right and true to protect anyone’s bruised egos, though. I just wouldn’t bruise those egos any further.
Anonadon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 pm Ellen Page is annoying, but, man, it’s pretty hard to be tolerant of people/organizations that believe that it’s wrong for two adults to love each other just because they both have vaginas.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:54 pm Maybe she should do as she preaches and be tolerant. He’s entitled to whatever beliefs he has and I’m yet to see him push those beliefs on others or make any anti-gay comments. It’s quite possible to be a part of a religion that condemns ho sexuality without hat meaning mistreating and disrespecting other people and deny them rights.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 969

Unread post

It’s hard to tolerate hate.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm Well, that’s when that little thing called “tolerance” should kick in, especially in those that demand it. To say that those that I perceive as intolerant aren’t worthy of tolerance is the perfect example of hypocrisy and incongruence. It doesn’t require a great amount of effort to tolerate those you agree with or even those you don’t disagree with. Tolerance is only tested when faced with those you disagree with. And that’s when the true colors come out. Tolerance isn’t measured by the amount of people you can agree with, it’s measured in how you act towards those you disagree with.
I believe homosexual acts are wrong. However, that doesn’t mean I mistreat individuals for doing that, or that I go around trying to make their choice of partners illegal, or I’m disrespecting anyone over it. I have the ability to tolerate that people will believe differently and act according to what they believe and that doesn’t make them any less worthy of respect. The only thing I would ask is the same consideration in return. I won’t compromise what I believe is right and true to protect anyone’s bruised egos, though. I just wouldn’t bruise those egos any further.
Anonadon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 pm Ellen Page is annoying, but, man, it’s pretty hard to be tolerant of people/organizations that believe that it’s wrong for two adults to love each other just because they both have vaginas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic