'No doctor can predict someone’s future health'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am And then there's the drs who tell a pregnant mom her fetus is going to die inside her, and she better abort-- mom defies dr, and goes on to birth healthy baby....this happens a lot too
That would be based on a current condition not a future one.
no, the drs are trying to predict a future outcome for a fetus in which they are just guessing about
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ksal2349 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm Relevant to this. In case anyone missed it or forgot, the released text version of the report allegedly from the doctor, allegedly signed by the doctor, was signed with the doctor's name misspelled
That’s not a good sign!
😳
Deleted User 473

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am And then there's the drs who tell a pregnant mom her fetus is going to die inside her, and she better abort-- mom defies dr, and goes on to birth healthy baby....this happens a lot too
no, the drs are trying to predict a future outcome for a fetus in which they are just guessing about
You believe doctors just guess diagnosises?
You don't think they use medical facts and tests to confirm what they say?
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 am That's funny....we have drs all over the country telling parents their children WILL die without vaccines, esp with the measles debacle going on -- so yes, drs are trying to predict the future, and have been for centuries even through blatant lies --- what's going on in the white house isn't any different...
That’s not exactly true.
Vaccines prevent diseases in most cases. Doctors aren’t predicting death for unvaccinated kids.
Based on many many decades of scientific proof , it’s not difficult to say that for the most part that the majority of children will be safer if vaccinated.
I lived through a childhood without vaccinations and we children suffered from the childhood diseases, some ending up permanently damaged. So I am not winging it here. I speak from experience.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 pm

You believe doctors just guess diagnosises?
You don't think they use medical facts and tests to confirm what they say?
and you don't think people have defied what their dr said, and LIVED to tell about it?

''You have cancer, and the radiation will kill the fetus -- you're best bet is to abort''...mom doesnt' get radiation or abort, baby lives to full term, and delivered alive and healthy -- moms cancer then goes into remission to the dismay of drs...that's just one example.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 am That's funny....we have drs all over the country telling parents their children WILL die without vaccines, esp with the measles debacle going on -- so yes, drs are trying to predict the future, and have been for centuries even through blatant lies --- what's going on in the white house isn't any different...
That’s not exactly true.
Vaccines prevent diseases in most cases. Doctors aren’t predicting death for unvaccinated kids.
Based on many many decades of scientific proof , it’s not difficult to say that for the most part that the majority of children will be safer if vaccinated.
I lived through a childhood without vaccinations and we children suffered from the childhood diseases, some ending up permanently damaged. So I am not winging it here. I speak from experience.

The HELL they don't scare parents of stories of unvaccinated babies dying -- just read the hype going on about how measles kills, yet NO article has mentioned any deaths at all in the USA....and i too, had the childhood illnesses as well.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are you going to shoehorn antivax whackery into every thread?
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh good, you’ve managed to shoehorn some antichoice whackery in as well...
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You do know that doctors don’t just throw wild guesss around, right? Of course that doesn’t mean that they’ll be 100% correct, but I can guarantee you that for every mom that got this miracle, there are 10, or 20 or 50 that defied the doctor’s advice and died. So no, it doesn’t “happen a lot”, more often than not, the doctor IS indeed right. Obviously those aren’t the stories you read on the news and online because it’s the usual outcome. Nothing odd about the doctor being right. It’s those “a lot”s which really are not the norm the ones you read about and give you this misconceptions that doctors are wrong “ lot”.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Most anti-vaxers are youngsters who grew up with the benefit of vaccines and never experienced first hand what these diseases can do. I’m just 45, so I also didn’t see a lot of these diseases going around, but I do know people who suffered from them. My uncle had tetanus, my grandfather had diphtheria and my ex-aunt’s boyfriend is in a wheelchair because of polio, I know someone who lost his hearing because of measles. A girl in my high school had meningitis, she missed like 4 months of school and it’s a miracle that she survived. And let’s not forget the many disabled babies because their mothers got rubella during pregnancy. Young people never saw that so of course they think these diseases aren’t a big deal. And they’re using the silly argument of “oh, well, no one in America has died of the measles!”... yet. But as the numbers grow, chances are we’ll start seeing deaths and years from now, complications. I would recommend these anti-vaxers to start coming up with arguments for when that happens.
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
That’s not exactly true.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic