Joe Biden’s Bizarre Support for Racial Segregation Comes Back to Haunt Him

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

"Just as former Vice President Joe Biden is preparing a 2020 run for president, his past and very bizarre support for racial segregation is coming back to haunt him.

The issue in question harkens back to the year 1975 when then Senator Joe Biden was developing a stance against bussing minority children to different schools in an effort to defeat segregation.

Biden originally made his comments to National Public Radio but they were rediscovered by the Washington Examiner this month."

https://godfatherpolitics.com/joe-biden ... haunt-him/
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's OK. The D party will treat him like they do Byrd, now. I'm sure he will be the frontrunner for quite a while, maybe even until the election. Just think, another old, white guy to represent the newly diversified Democrat party!!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

so far 2019 hasn't been good for the dems.
Fake news exposed ✔
MSM "journalist" lay offs ✔
antisemities in the women's march and beyond exposed ✔
racism ✔
openly promoting infanticide ✔
next to come- more migrant caravan invasions to prove why the wall is needed...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Honestly there was a time I was against busing mainly because one had to go across town instead of your neighborhood school. I argued that if we wanted true integrated schools we needed to integrate our neighborhoods and not just bus kids across town. This was 20 years ago though and my current neighborhood is now very diverse. I think Biden does need to address this issue. I would hope in thirty or forty years he's realized the error of his thinking.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:17 pm It's OK. The D party will treat him like they do Byrd, now. I'm sure he will be the frontrunner for quite a while, maybe even until the election. Just think, another old, white guy to represent the newly diversified Democrat party!!
Are you serious?
Who. Supports Byrd?

And I’m going to check to see WHY Biden wasn’t in favor of busing!
He might have had reasons . Other than racism!
When we lived in Vegas in the late 70’s they bused kids in6th grade from our school district to NorthLas Vegas to a school in a sketchy neighborhood and we weren’t happy. Our daughter was bused to North Las Vegas where they hired armed guards to watch the entrances. It worked out okay but I worried. I wasn’t happy with it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 pm Honestly there was a time I was against busing mainly because one had to go across town instead of your neighborhood school. I argued that if we wanted true integrated schools we needed to integrate our neighborhoods and not just bus kids across town. This was 20 years ago though and my current neighborhood is now very diverse. I think Biden does need to address this issue. I would hope in thirty or forty years he's realized the error of his thinking.
Well said and I agree. Mississippi has done this since "integration" and I am not a fan of it. Busing was pretty much making Black students travel further to attend ONE overcrowded, shitty school. White students attended private schools. The schools were not racially integrated and Black students weren't getting a better education. Still like that in some rural areas unfortunately.

It has been my experience that a diverse/integrated social environment is the best way to truly integrate schools. I agree with you on that one too. Its one of the most overlooked solutions IMHO.

I may have overlooked something but this reads like Biden was saying that busing was a tone deaf disregard for Black people. There is truth to that. So, I'll have to hear more before I feel like he needs to explain himself.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 pm Honestly there was a time I was against busing mainly because one had to go across town instead of your neighborhood school. I argued that if we wanted true integrated schools we needed to integrate our neighborhoods and not just bus kids across town. This was 20 years ago though and my current neighborhood is now very diverse. I think Biden does need to address this issue. I would hope in thirty or forty years he's realized the error of his thinking.
Well said and I agree. Mississippi has done this since "integration" and I am not a fan of it. Busing was pretty much making Black students travel further to attend ONE overcrowded, sh*t school. White students attended private schools. The schools were not racially integrated and Black students weren't getting a better education. Still like that in some rural areas unfortunately.

It has been my experience that a diverse/integrated social environment is the best way to truly integrate schools. I agree with you on that one too. Its one of the most overlooked solutions IMHO.

I may have overlooked something but this reads like Biden was saying that busing was a tone deaf disregard for Black people. There is truth to that. So, I'll have to hear more before I feel like he needs to explain himself.
Exactly. As I said earlier, I think it’s important to find out his reasons.
I wasn’t happy with the busing in Las Vegas- but it wasn’t racism.

Of course, I can see why republicans are trying to say Biden is racist!🙄
Typical.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 pm
29again wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:17 pm It's OK. The D party will treat him like they do Byrd, now. I'm sure he will be the frontrunner for quite a while, maybe even until the election. Just think, another old, white guy to represent the newly diversified Democrat party!!
Are you serious?
Who. Supports Byrd?

And I’m going to check to see WHY Biden wasn’t in favor of busing!
He might have had reasons . Other than racism!
When we lived in Vegas in the late 70’s they bused kids in6th grade from our school district to NorthLas Vegas to a school in a sketchy neighborhood and we weren’t happy. Our daughter was bused to North Las Vegas where they hired armed guards to watch the entrances. It worked out okay but I worried. I wasn’t happy with it.
Lots of Dems supported Byrd.. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13036&start=30
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 pm
Well said and I agree. Mississippi has done this since "integration" and I am not a fan of it. Busing was pretty much making Black students travel further to attend ONE overcrowded, sh*t school. White students attended private schools. The schools were not racially integrated and Black students weren't getting a better education. Still like that in some rural areas unfortunately.

Exactly. As I said earlier, I think it’s important to find out his reasons.
I wasn’t happy with the busing in Las Vegas- but it wasn’t racism.

Of course, I can see why republicans are trying to say Biden is racist!🙄
Typical.
The reasons definitely need to be looked into. This seems to be one of those half headlines put out there to rile everyone up.

Even if he was against it then, is it fair to not allow for the fact that he may have a different opinion now 40 years hence?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Well if opinions from years ago matter then Trump will be in a world of hurt.

Make up your minds. It can't be that past actions and opinions don't matter for Trump but for Democrats it certainly does.
Locked Previous topicNext topic