Reminder: Governor Linked to Racist Photo Won Election by Slamming Opponent for Racism

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

"Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is under fire for a racist photo from his past, but he was quick to slam Republican nominee Ed Gillespie as racist in 2017.

Gillespie was running against Northam in the 2017 Virginia gubernatorial election, and Northam relied on the left’s typical accusations of “racism” and “bigotry.”

The Republican candidate was strong on crime and illegal immigration, especially with regard to sanctuary cities and the barbaric MS-13 gang."

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/remin ... tyalliance
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When ya got nothing to run on, cry racism. It always works for the D's.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Irony??

Karma??
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:19 pm When ya got nothing to run on, cry racism. It always works for the D's.
But they better lock their closet doors so their own skeletons don't fall out.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?
It’s not all that easy . We all have our reasons.
Personally I think this is an unfair attack on Northam
And even Democrats are attacking him! It’s a knee jerk , automatic, thoughtless response.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

🙄🙄⬆️

The Governor's race really was not fought and won in Virginia by Virginians. So much outside money and influence flooded the State. The weight of the DNC and Planned Parenthood seemed to be behind every insult and ad.
I'm actually surprised this was the first time the yearbook was exposed. I would have thought in the nasty fray of the election, it would have been used against Northam. Virginia might have gone solidly RED again if it had been used.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?
And even Democrats are attacking him! It’s a knee jerk , automatic, thoughtless response.
Why do you democrats always lump all Republicans together as if every last person who voted republican thinks alike and has the same values and same reasons for voting republican?

I do agree with you about this being an unfair attack.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm 🙄🙄⬆️

The Governor's race really was not fought and won in Virginia by Virginians. So much outside money and influence flooded the State. The weight of the DNC and Planned Parenthood seemed to be behind every insult and ad.
I'm actually surprised this was the first time the yearbook was exposed. I would have thought in the nasty fray of the election, it would have been used against Northam. Virginia might have gone solidly RED again if it had been used.
From what I read somewhere, the amount of money for oppo research wasn't enough to go that deep into his background.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm 🙄🙄⬆️

From what I read somewhere, the amount of money for oppo research wasn't enough to go that deep into his background.
Personally I think the RNC decided they had not a good chance in Virginia because of the upheaval that was Charlottesville - so they chose to spend money in other races. Especially with Gillespie ads portraying him as a white supremacist and President Obama supporting that rhetoric and campaigning for Northam.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:14 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?
Why do you democrats always lump all Republicans together as if every last person who voted republican thinks alike and has the same values and same reasons for voting republican?

I do agree with you about this being an unfair attack.
Conservatives don’t all think alike.
I have seen evidence in my state of very open minded conservatives who would allow everyone to make their own decisions about social issues and religion , etc. and not condemn them . Good Example don’t you think?
Locked Previous topicNext topic