Reminder: Governor Linked to Racist Photo Won Election by Slamming Opponent for Racism

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DuckingWhitneyBirch
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I’m sorry but what? Could you please read your first sentence out loud and then read the rest of your comment.
I for one do not lump all Democrats together. Everyone has their own opinions that might or might not align with their party. Was it an unfair attack when he did the same thing to his opponent? Is that ok because the opponent wasn’t on your “team?”
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?
It’s not all that easy . We all have our reasons.
Personally I think this is an unfair attack on Northam
And even Democrats are attacking him! It’s a knee jerk , automatic, thoughtless response.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow! That picture does suck. So is the contention that he was in high school then, so we should assume he's a different person now, has matured and changed, and now knows the error of his ways?

We discovered during the Kavanaugh hearings though that politicians are to be held to all of their actions, regardless of them being 17 year old children, even when those actions can't be corroborated at all. So the governor can't use that defense. There's photographic proof here.

Is anyone else stunned that they were able to run such a horrible commercial against Gillespie? I can't believe that they get away with doing that kind of crap in these campaign ads. Seriously. How is that legal?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
DuckingWhitneyBirch
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I am. In my opinion it’s slanderous. My philosophy has always been before you choose a hard stance on anything look at your past. Even if you have changed and grown maybe take a lighter stance or own up to mistakes you made first. It seems a lot of people focus on winning instead of using common sense these days.
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:54 am Wow! That picture does suck. So is the contention that he was in high school then, so we should assume he's a different person now, has matured and changed, and now knows the error of his ways?

We discovered during the Kavanaugh hearings though that politicians are to be held to all of their actions, regardless of them being 17 year old children, even when those actions can't be corroborated at all. So the governor can't use that defense. There's photographic proof here.

Is anyone else stunned that they were able to run such a horrible commercial against Gillespie? I can't believe that they get away with doing that kind of crap in these campaign ads. Seriously. How is that legal?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DuckingWhitneyBirch wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:03 am I am. In my opinion it’s slanderous. My philosophy has always been before you choose a hard stance on anything look at your past. Even if you have changed and grown maybe take a lighter stance or own up to mistakes you made first. It seems a lot of people focus on winning instead of using common sense these days.
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:54 am Wow! That picture does suck. So is the contention that he was in high school then, so we should assume he's a different person now, has matured and changed, and now knows the error of his ways?

Very well articulated. All type of common sense seems to be missing these days on both sides of the aisle.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Okay , you don’t lump all Democrats together.
But then I didn’t t accuse you of that.
DuckingWhitneyBirch wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 am I’m sorry but what? Could you please read your first sentence out loud and then read the rest of your comment.
I for one do not lump all Democrats together. Everyone has their own opinions that might or might not align with their party. Was it an unfair attack when he did the same thing to his opponent? Is that ok because the opponent wasn’t on your “team?”
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?
And even Democrats are attacking him! It’s a knee jerk , automatic, thoughtless response.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the photo was in a medical school yearbook. Not high school or even just a college yearbook
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Gillespie didn't lose the election because Northam's campaign called him racist. He lost the election because his entire campaign was focused on M-13 and statues.
DuckingWhitneyBirch
Villein
Villein

Unread post

You did though when you asked “Why do you conservatives always lump all Democrats together as if every last person who voted democrat thinks alike and have the same values and same reasons for voting democrat?”

I don’t think it’s fair to lump all conservatives together while complaining that conservatives lump all democrats together. It’s a bit hypocritical.
Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 am Okay , you don’t lump all Democrats together.
But then I didn’t t accuse you of that.
DuckingWhitneyBirch wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 am I’m sorry but what? Could you please read your first sentence out loud and then read the rest of your comment.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am Gillespie didn't lose the election because Northam's campaign called him racist. He lost the election because his entire campaign was focused on M-13 and statues.
Republicans lost to a Racist and a Superpredator.

Three reasons.

The uber libs that live in Virginia but work in DC are changing the make up of Virginia
The Media protect Dems - really at all costs.
The Republicans did not embrace President Trump, but were establishment Republicans and campaigned as such.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic