Northam tells Virginia Democrat it wasn't him in racist photo, won't resign

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:32 pm Weird times we are in.

We must be able to kill our babies - thunderous applause

Once wore a costume that some don't like - MUST RESIGN
His wife just stopped him from doing the moon walk dance. This guy is an idiot.
CBS News first reported that another picture from Northam’s 1981 yearbook page shows that he was given the nickname "Coonman" - a possible racial slur. He was also known as “Goose.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gov-ra ... 1-yearbook
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:19 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:32 pm Weird times we are in.

We must be able to kill our babies - thunderous applause

Once wore a costume that some don't like - MUST RESIGN
CBS News first reported that another picture from Northam’s 1981 yearbook page shows that he was given the nickname "Coonman" - a possible racial slur. He was also known as “Goose.”
He addressed that in his press conference. He says only 2 upper class men called him 'Coonman'... that he remembers who they were but he doesn't know why they called him that or how it got in the yearbook. He said most people called him 'Goose' because his voice was changing and it would go up -- I was eyerolling through the whole press conference. Twitter is hilarious- if you want to laugh, check out #Northamshouldresign
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:03 pm
jas wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:02 pm Democrats are calling for him to resign.
Of course they are. Especially the ones planning on running in 2020. You didn't really think they would do anything less, did you? Honest question - no snark.
Its what Democrats tend to do.
Do you honestly believe that it's limited to Democrats?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I find this actually sad. The back tracking that Northam is doing doesn't ring true and basically every democrat has asked him to step down - even Terry Mcauliffe. He should step down. Even if he doesn't, his political career is over. Let Justin Fairfax assume governorship and just fade away. I feel badly for his family and do think that his views on race have probably changed since he was 25 but it doesn't matter. He is done.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

‘Grab them by the p**sy’ happened before trump ran for potus.

Blackface/klansman happened before he ran governor.

Is there really nothing going on in the world and our country right now that this is actually making headlines?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 pm
Let’s see, 2 articles about 2 white supremacy people who like Trump. I didn’t know people could control who like or follow them.

So Trump has relatives that may have belonged to the KKK. Was Trump himself one?

What do you think about Robert Byrd? He was an actual wizard in the KKK and was re-elected by democrats to the senate for 51 years. He would probably still be there if he hadn’t died.
Byrd spent his life atoning for his behavior, never hid/denied his past and died with a good relationship with the Black community.

I always respectfully mention that because I think genuine change should always be commended, not demonized.

This guy on the other hand..... is doing the exact opposite and digging himself in a deeper hole.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

my god the list is shockingly long, but she’s referring to Roy Moore.

None that i can think of.

Byrd realized that he was wrong in his views, owned his mistakes, renounced his involvement with hate groups, made a sincere and genuine apology, and dedicated his life to making amends for his past starting half a century ago. you sure are hyper focused on him though. Weird how it doesn’t tell you anything that you have to reach back in time to a guy who died a decade ago to find a democrat with a history problematic enough to compare to an average republican that wasn’t immediately pressured to resign by his colleagues though.
DSamuels wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm
Ksal2349 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 pm [Democrat poses in blackface in yearbook photo]

DEMOCRATS : Resign immediately, honestly how is this even a question?

[republican is a literal child molester]

REPUBLICANS : Y'know it was so long ago who can even remember, anyway the Bible says...
What republican is a literal child molester?

How many times have democrats jumped to conclusions lately that turned out to be wrong?

When are democrats going to start demonizing Robert KKK Byrd who they elected to the senate for 51 years until his death?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:56 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:19 pm

He addressed that in his press conference. He says only 2 upper class men called him 'Coonman'... that he remembers who they were but he doesn't know why they called him that or how it got in the yearbook. He said most people called him 'Goose' because his voice was changing and it would go up -- I was eyerolling through the whole press conference. Twitter is hilarious- if you want to laugh, check out #Northamshouldresign

Omg. 😐 I’m headed to Twitter now. Lol!
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

can you give me some examples of republican officials who faced resounding and widespread calls for resignation from their party colleagues when accused of past impropriety?
jas wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:48 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:03 pm
jas wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Of course they are. Especially the ones planning on running in 2020. You didn't really think they would do anything less, did you? Honest question - no snark.
Its what Democrats tend to do.
Do you honestly believe that it's limited to Democrats?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was wrong but the proper wording is even stranger!!

As a young man, Mr. Byrd was an ‘exalted cyclops’ of the Ku Klux Klan. Although he apologized numerous times for what he considered a youthful indiscretion, his early votes in Congress--notably a filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act--reflected racially separatist views.
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:41 pm A wizard? LOL at that term! Not at you DSam... Sounds like something out of Dungeons and Dragons or Harry Potter!
DSamuels wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 pm
Let’s see, 2 articles about 2 white supremacy people who like Trump. I didn’t know people could control who like or follow them.

So Trump has relatives that may have belonged to the KKK. Was Trump himself one?

What do you think about Robert Byrd? He was an actual wizard in the KKK and was re-elected by democrats to the senate for 51 years. He would probably still be there if he hadn’t died.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic