Please Read: News and Politics Rules UPDATED

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The only reason why they were taken away was because they were constantly reported. I’m willing to allow them again but the over reporting for things that aren’t against the rules is completely out of hand and needs to stop. When we have over 20 reports from 1 or 2 members, legitimate reports from all groups get overlooked. When legitimate reports aren’t handled then my inbox blows up with complaints. There needs to be some self control when posting in this group. If a member can’t handle commenting on and discussing a topic without resorting to attacks then they need to walk away or scroll to the next post.

The second one person gets in trouble on here they start reporting everything and anything they say. This is why some people no longer have the option to report, it’s being abused.
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:22 pm

you know, I would appreciate it if you defined this, please specify.

do you really think the liberals in the group dont "make fun" of conservatives/conservative sources/conservative writers/trump supporters?
I never said that... my question was in relation to your request for a group allowing memes and gifs meant to be rude or vindictive... why do you want one?
um, where did I say I want to use gifs/memes to be mean or vindictive? do you think its mean I used a gif to call the writer of an article an idiot sandwhich when they implied a "homophobic" stephen king novel written in the 1980s is a symtom of "trump's america" ? if I cant use a gif, I can just call them an idiot, there is no rule agaisnt that. the writer is not a member here!

do you or don't you understand that the rule is we cant attack MEMBERS personally? nothing, no rules about public figures/media/entertainers.

go look at the meme group. 99% of all posts are by darkfox aka ksal making fun of/ "being mean" to trump, trump supporters, and conservatives in general. if a meme or gif can be used to express our emotions, convey a message, or illustrate a point related to the topics of the posts I think we should be able to use them. memes are the main form of political expression used in 2019.
🤓The Admin 🤓
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm The only reason why they were taken away was because they were constantly reported. I’m willing to allow them again but the over reporting for things that aren’t against the rules is completely out of hand and needs to stop. When we have over 20 reports from 1 or 2 members, legitimate reports from all groups get overlooked. When legitimate reports aren’t handled then my inbox blows up with complaints. There needs to be some self control when posting in this group. If a member can’t handle commenting on and discussing a topic without resorting to attacks then they need to walk away or scroll to the next post.

The second one person gets in trouble on here they start reporting everything and anything they say. This is why some people no longer have the option to report, it’s being abused.

I never said that... my question was in relation to your request for a group allowing memes and gifs meant to be rude or vindictive... why do you want one?
um, where did I say I want to use gifs/memes to be mean or vindictive? do you think its mean I used a gif to call the writer of an article an idiot sandwhich when they implied a "homophobic" stephen king novel written in the 1980s is a symtom of "trump's america" ? if I cant use a gif, I can just call them an idiot, there is no rule agaisnt that. the writer is not a member here!

do you or don't you understand that the rule is we cant attack MEMBERS personally? nothing, no rules about public figures/media/entertainers.

go look at the meme group. 99% of all posts are by darkfox aka ksal making fun of/ "being mean" to trump, trump supporters, and conservatives in general. if a meme or gif can be used to express our emotions, convey a message, or illustrate a point related to the topics of the posts I think we should be able to use them. memes are the main form of political expression used in 2019.
Maybe take away the ability to report if they continue to do it. I think Meme's and gif's should stay in the political meme group.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:06 pm

um, where did I say I want to use gifs/memes to be mean or vindictive? do you think its mean I used a gif to call the writer of an article an idiot sandwhich when they implied a "homophobic" stephen king novel written in the 1980s is a symtom of "trump's america" ? the writer is not a member here!

Well... you did just say you want the ability of people to post doxxing information about Trump supporters... and you are fighting for the ability to call people names. So it begs the question...

It’s pretty sad if stupid memes are now the main form of political expression, don’t you think?
ok 1st of all. I was being sarcastic about the doxxing because your complaints seem very one sided. you never call out liberals for such behavior in the group, so I question your sincerity that you're just a peace maker. but if its public info (trump donors) I might disagree with morally trying to blacklist people like Mccarthy did but I dont think it should be against the rules. 2nd, where did I say I am fighting for the ability to call people names?? I said its not against the rules to call a public figure a name like I did. therefore the gif wasnt a "personal attack". banning gifs doesnt take away the ability to name call so whats the point? its against the rules to call MEMBERS names. you seem very confused on this point.

its a matter of opinion whether memes are a stupid way to express ideas. I personaly think they're a concise way to get a point across in the digital era where media is so saturated with info and people have access to so many sources it can be overwhelming and time consuming to read them all. and people read larger quantities of info but its more or less "skimming" these days anyhow.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We do take away the ability to report after it gets to be too much. Revenge reports are a common occurrence, one person gets into trouble so they report everything another person says to try and get them back. We want people to report when necessary but when it gets abused then we have to take it away in order to handle legitimate reports.
Lexy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:46 pm
12skipafew wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm The only reason why they were taken away was because they were constantly reported. I’m willing to allow them again but the over reporting for things that aren’t against the rules is completely out of hand and needs to stop. When we have over 20 reports from 1 or 2 members, legitimate reports from all groups get overlooked. When legitimate reports aren’t handled then my inbox blows up with complaints. There needs to be some self control when posting in this group. If a member can’t handle commenting on and discussing a topic without resorting to attacks then they need to walk away or scroll to the next post.

Maybe take away the ability to report if they continue to do it. I think Meme's and gif's should stay in the political meme group.
🤓The Admin 🤓
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

um, where did I say I want to use gifs/memes to be mean or vindictive? do you think its mean I used a gif to call the writer of an article an idiot sandwhich when they implied a "homophobic" stephen king novel written in the 1980s is a symtom of "trump's america" ? the writer is not a member here!

Well... you did just say you want the ability of people to post doxxing information about Trump supporters... and you are fighting for the ability to call people names. So it begs the question...

It’s pretty sad if stupid memes are now the main form of political expression, don’t you think?
ok 1st of all. I was being sarcastic about the doxxing because your complaints seem very one sided. you never call out liberals for such behavior in the group, so I question your sincerity that you're just a peace maker. but if its public info (trump donors) I might disagree with morally trying to blacklist people like Mccarthy did but I dont think it should be against the rules. 2nd, where did I say I am fighting for the ability to call people names?? I said its not against the rules to call a public figure a name like I did. therefore the gif wasnt a "personal attack". banning gifs doesnt take away the ability to name call so whats the point? its against the rules to call MEMBERS names. you seem very confused on this point.

its a matter of opinion whether memes are a stupid way to express ideas. I personaly think they're a concise way to get a point across in the digital era where media is so saturated with info and people have access to so many sources it can be overwhelming and time consuming to read them all. and people read larger quantities of info but its more or less "skimming" these days anyhow.
I'm not here to be a peacemaker... Lol I actually legitimately didn't care what a few movie critics thought about a movie I hadn't seen... So I just went" Yeah, you're right, damn leftists."

And I didn't say anything about the rules, but the gif was calling someone an idiot whether they are in this group or not, and I'm asking what the point is... If you want a group where we rationally debate relevant news, then let's have one...If you want a group where we all act like annoying kids (myself included) then we can have that as well... But let's not act like we expect both at once.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

thanks for the response. maybe we should vote on it in a poll? I will respect the outcome.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm not here to be a peacemaker... Lol I actually legitimately didn't care what a few movie critics thought about a movie I hadn't seen... So I just went" Yeah, you're right, damn leftists."

And I didn't say anything about the rules, but the gif was calling someone an idiot whether they are in this group or not, and I'm asking what the point is... If you want a group where we rationally debate relevant news, then let's have one...If you want a group where we all act like annoying kids (myself included) then we can have that as well... But let's not act like we expect both at once.
you really never going to insult Trump again? thats a high standard for yourself.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can set that up and will honor whatever the outcome is.
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 pm

thanks for the response. maybe we should vote on it in a poll? I will respect the outcome.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Out of interest, if I'm in a thread discussing the Young's Slit experiment in quantum mechanics, would it be ok to post:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/X0QtM.gif

as part of an explanation of how the experiment works?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic