Black lung disease epidemic

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Coal mines kill miners.
This is another reason why we need alternative energy sources.
Coal miners have been dying of black lung disease for as long as there have been coal mines.
Trump’s in favor of coal for our energy. Another example of how he has proved to be bad for America and Americans.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've heard this. But as seems to be usual the coal companies ignored warnings about the silica dust created when mining through rock. That's a true tragedy. The miners can sue but nothing will stop them from dying a painful death.

We do need alternate energy sources.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm all for alternate forms of energy.
But the smartest minds in the world are worrying about proving that not getting enough sleep makes us cranky in the morning and other ridiculous studies that is common sense.

Isn't there some theory that the human soul has enough energy to power the world 10 fold?
Idk might have heard that in an episode of supernatural so dont take that too seriously.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm all for alternate forms of energy.
But the smartest minds in the world are worrying about proving that not getting enough sleep makes us cranky in the morning and other ridiculous studies that is common sense.

Isn't there some theory that the human soul has enough energy to power the world 10 fold?
Idk might have heard that in an episode of supernatural so dont take that too seriously.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 pm I'm all for alternate forms of energy.

Man, I thought I was a little drunk. You, my friend, are drunk. Go home.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Doctors are seeing severe lung disease in miners in half the time that they did 15 years ago too. The severity that they're seeing in miners at 8-10 years was what they'd see in miners who'd been working 18-20 years. And miners are hiding their lung disease because the company will just fire them.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 pm Doctors are seeing severe lung disease in miners in half the time that they did 15 years ago too. The severity that they're seeing in miners at 8-10 years was what they'd see in miners who'd been working 18-20 years. And miners are hiding their lung disease because the company will just fire them.
That’s so sad. They need the work even though it’s killing them.
And I’ve heard people say they’re afraid to venture out and start a new job, a new career or go back to school to prepare for something new.

Back in the 19th century, my grandfather’s family immigrated from Wales where the men worked in coal mines . They settled in Ohio near the West Virginia border and a few of my grandfather’s brothers worked in mines there. But he didn’t want to die young so he and a friend moved to Minneapolis, started a business ( and met my grandma who was teaching there)
Anyway, I hope coal mining will someday soon be a thing of the past and the miners find healthy jobs in the future. It takes a little bit of a risk and yet strength to try something new.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 pm I'm all for alternate forms of energy.

Man, I thought I was a little drunk. You, my friend, are drunk. Go home.
Lol. I haven't had a drink in at least a week.
I'm just really stupid sometimes! 😂🤣🤣
Locked Previous topicNext topic