Judge Postpones Sentencing of Michael Flynn After Harshly Rebuking Him

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Tuesday postponed the sentencing of Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, after warning Mr. Flynn that he could face prison for lying to federal investigators about his conversations with the Russian ambassador during the presidential transition and hiding his role lobbying for Turkey.
At Mr. Flynn’s sentencing hearing in Federal District Court in Washington, Judge Emmet G. Sullivan called Mr. Flynn’s crimes “a very serious offense” and said he was not hiding his “disgust” at what Mr. Flynn had done.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It literally is no wonder that you all so F***ing stupid and misinformed -

This report is nothing close to what happened.

The fact of the postponed part is right - after that - nothing is actual.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

C'mon they need a good spin.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:03 pm C'mon they need a good spin.
I’ve noticed in the last few weeks that “spin” is your favorite word!
Bwahahaha
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They know that their readership is comprised of mostly morons.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:28 pm It literally is no wonder that you all so F***ing stupid and misinformed -

Let's see you try and explain in your own words why it was postponed.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And why don't you explain why he lied about his meetings with Russian Ambassor Krysiak? I understand no one told the former general that it is an actual crime to lie to the FBI but why lie in the first place?

What the article is saying is the judge advised Flynn he might want to continue his cooperation with law enforcement because there was no guarantee that he wouldn't go to jail today. Flynn agree to continue cooperating and they postponed the hearing.

Where's the spin?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:24 pm WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Tuesday postponed the sentencing of Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, after warning Mr. Flynn that he could face prison for lying to federal investigators about his conversations with the Russian ambassador during the presidential transition and hiding his role lobbying for Turkey.
At Mr. Flynn’s sentencing hearing in Federal District Court in Washington, Judge Emmet G. Sullivan called Mr. Flynn’s crimes “a very serious offense” and said he was not hiding his “disgust” at what Mr. Flynn had done.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp
Everything in that article is 100% accurate. Find one sentence that is inaccurate.

I think your concern might be what articles focus on?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security advisor to the president of the United States,” Sullivan told Flynn, according to NBC News. “That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out. I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration. This is a very serious offense. A high ranking senior official of the government making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation while in the White House. Very serious crime. “I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain.”

Go to main menu
Heavy
Facebook
Share on Flipboard
E-mailMore share optionsGo to search form
Search
Search Heavy
Heavy.com
News
Judge Emmet G. Sullivan Politics: Who Nominated Him?
Facebook
Share on Flipboard
E-mailMore share options
9.5K Views
135 Shares
9 Comments
By Jessica McBride
Updated Dec 18, 2018 at 3:02pm
Emmet Sullivan, federal judge
Judicial photo
Emmet Sullivan, federal judge

All eyes were on Federal Judge Emmet G. Sullivan as he presided over the December 18, 2018, sentencing of former National Security Adviser and retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn.

During Flynn’s sentencing on December 18, Sullivan appeared to question whether the charges against the retired Army lieutenant general and President Trump’s first national security adviser went far enough. Sullivan asked prosecutors whether treason had been considered as a charge, to which they said it had not, and the judge told Flynn, “arguably you sold your country out,” warning him he could send him to jail. Sullivan eventually allowed Flynn to delay the sentencing while he continues to cooperate with the government. A status hearing is now scheduled for March. Sentencing guidelines call for Flynn to receive from zero to six months in prison for lying to the FBI, and prosecutors agreed with the recommendation from Flynn’s attorneys that he serve no time behind bars.

Sullivan chastised Flynn one day after two of Flynn’s former business associates were indicted on federal charges accusing them of conspiring to cover up lobbying work they did for Turkey while working with Flynn’s company. Flynn was not charged in that case and cooperated with the government in relation to that investigation as part of his plea deal.

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security advisor to the president of the United States,” Sullivan told Flynn, according to NBC News. “That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out. I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration. This is a very serious offense. A high ranking senior official of the government making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation while in the White House. Very serious crime. “I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain.”

“If you want to postpone this, and come back at some later point … that’s fine with me,” Sullivan told Flynn, according to CNBC. “I have to caution you that the sentence imposed today may not be the same sentence you would get after cooperation ends. The court likes to be in a position to say there is nothing else this defendant can to do help the United States of America.” Sullivan told lawyers from both sides that he has “many, many, many, more questions,” about the case.

Sullivan told the court, “I wasn’t suggesting he was committing treason. I was just curious if he could have been charged. Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Not taking any uncalled offenses into consideration. Was trying to consider benefit. I’m not suggesting treason.”

https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/judge-em ... -democrat/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:28 pm It literally is no wonder that you all so F***ing stupid and misinformed -

Let's see you try and explain in your own words why it was postponed.

It was postponed - based on the fact that he is still cooperating with prosecuters in case(s) on a future docket.
Locked Previous topicNext topic