Climate change concerns farmers...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... SApp_Other
Farmers are seeing the effects of climate change and it’s not good.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

And yet farmers vote republican and voted for Trump.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I live in a rural community and work directly with farmers. All believe in climate change but many are also evangelicals and feel that man is not the cause of climate change - God is - and God will take care of it.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Almost no one believes that man is causing it.

Even the hoxers admit that there is noting that we can do to stop it.
The best that we can do is spend a fortune virtue signaling how much we care.

msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm I live in a rural community and work directly with farmers. All believe in climate change but many are also evangelicals and feel that man is not the cause of climate change - God is - and God will take care of it.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not a farmer, but honestly know very few people who live along coast, major waterways, or tidal areas who are not well aware of the changing climate and rising sea levels. And every conference I've attended hosted by FEMA, Army Corp of Engineers, DEP or state level authorities are clear in their conclusion that sea level rise is ongoing and that climate change is effecting the economics of both industry and agriculture.

I don't know any educated person who does not think that carbon emissions contribute significantly to climate change, as does, to a lesser extent, the disruption of large areas of carbon trapping plants, trees and vegetation.

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm I live in a rural community and work directly with farmers. All believe in climate change but many are also evangelicals and feel that man is not the cause of climate change - God is - and God will take care of it.
Oh my goodness...
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:23 pm Not a farmer, but honestly know very few people who live along coast, major waterways, or tidal areas who are not well aware of the changing climate and rising sea levels. And every conference I've attended hosted by FEMA, Army Corp of Engineers, DEP or state level authorities are clear in their conclusion that sea level rise is ongoing and that climate change is effecting the economics of both industry and agriculture.

I don't know any educated person who does not think that carbon emissions contribute significantly to climate change, as does, to a lesser extent, the disruption of large areas of carbon trapping plants, trees and vegetation.

Very true
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yah right.🙄
Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm Almost no one believes that man is causing it.

libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/americans- ... ont-5-to-1

A large percentage know climate change is caused by us- by fossil fuels, in most part.

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm Almost no one believes that man is causing it.

Deleted User 276

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm
Oh my goodness...
It's not all bad. The organization I work for is run by farmers and serves farmers in our area. Our organization supplies farmers with resources necessary to reduce their carbon footprint, teaches best sustainable energy practices, and works with farmers in our area to change their growing practices as the climate changes. All farmers are on board regardless of whether or not they think climate change is man made. The key is making sustainable energy affordable and thereby attractive. If that is done, everyone, including evangelicals, are in. They may not do it to save the planet but they'll do it to save their pocket book.
Locked Previous topicNext topic