Climate change concerns farmers...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm
libbylu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm
msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm I live in a rural community and work directly with farmers. All believe in climate change but many are also evangelicals and feel that man is not the cause of climate change - God is - and God will take care of it.
Oh my goodness...
It's not all bad. The organization I work for is run by farmers and serves farmers in our area. Our organization supplies farmers with resources necessary to reduce their carbon footprint, teaches best sustainable energy practices, and works with farmers in our area to change their growing practices as the climate changes. All farmers are on board regardless of whether or not they think climate change is man made. The key is making sustainable energy affordable and thereby attractive. If that is done, everyone, including evangelicals, are in. They may not do it to save the planet but they'll do it to save their pocket book.
That’s encouraging.
In my area , MN, there are a lot of wind farms and solar farms - acres of solar panels and the electric companies build them and use them
There are more homes with solar panels too which shows they are efficient anywhere in the USA .
Windmills in the flat prairie states where there’s a tremendous amount of wind are more common too.( even though the Koch brothers and others invested in fossil fuels say they kill birds 😉)
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 pm
libbylu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm
Oh my goodness...
It's not all bad. The organization I work for is run by farmers and serves farmers in our area. Our organization supplies farmers with resources necessary to reduce their carbon footprint, teaches best sustainable energy practices, and works with farmers in our area to change their growing practices as the climate changes. All farmers are on board regardless of whether or not they think climate change is man made. The key is making sustainable energy affordable and thereby attractive. If that is done, everyone, including evangelicals, are in. They may not do it to save the planet but they'll do it to save their pocket book.
That’s encouraging.
In my area , MN, there are a lot of wind farms and solar farms - acres of solar panels and the electric companies build them and use them
There are more homes with solar panels too which shows they are efficient anywhere in the USA .
Windmills in the flat prairie states where there’s a tremendous amount of wind are more common too.( even though the Koch brothers and others invested in fossil fuels say they kill birds 😉)
Are you saying they don’t kill birds?

Wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America, making it the most threatening form of green energy. And yet, it’s also one of the most rapidly expanding energy industries: more than 49,000 individual wind turbines now exist across 39 states.

https://www.audubon.org/news/will-wind- ... safe-birds

Same amount of birds killed as above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... ncna866336

Wind turbines are vital for sustainable power, providing cheap electricity without producing any sort of pollution. But they can be deadly for birds, and new research shows just how deadly: Wind turbines kill so many birds that in ecosystems where they are placed, the turbines effectively take on the role of a top predator.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popula ... ator-study
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 276

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:01 pm

That’s encouraging.

Wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America, making it the most threatening form of green energy. And yet, it’s also one of the most rapidly expanding energy industries: more than 49,000 individual wind turbines now exist across 39 states.

Wind turbines are vital for sustainable power, providing cheap electricity without producing any sort of pollution. But they can be deadly for birds, and new research shows just how deadly: Wind turbines kill so many birds that in ecosystems where they are placed, the turbines effectively take on the role of a top predator.

It's true that there is concern about the number of migratory birds that are killed with wind turbines (it's less than the number who are killed by the reduction of habitat, btw). There is a considerable amount of work on bird-safe renewable energy (wind turbines) as well as alternate forms of energy such as solar, hydro, etc.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s encouraging.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ ... wind_power
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:15 pm
That’s encouraging.

It's true that there is concern about the number of migratory birds that are killed with wind turbines (it's less than the number who are killed by the reduction of habitat, btw). There is a considerable amount of work on bird-safe renewable energy (wind turbines) as well as alternate forms of energy such as solar, hydro, etc.
Yes there are more birds killed as a result of other issues , more than killed by windmills/turbines.
I believe that alternative energy sources are more valuable and shouldn’t be abandoned in order to save some birds. People are more important than birds.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Birdbrain
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm Almost no one believes that man is causing it.

Even the hoxers admit that there is noting that we can do to stop it.
The best that we can do is spend a fortune virtue signaling how much we care.

msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm I live in a rural community and work directly with farmers. All believe in climate change but many are also evangelicals and feel that man is not the cause of climate change - God is - and God will take care of it.
We, as a species (were we able to act together), certainly could do a lot to affect climate change, if we were willing to pay the price for doing so.

Right now, we've only managed to get a consensus behind paying just enough to limit the damage a bit.
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We have recieved reports about this post. Please remember to follow TOS when posting or replying. Thank you.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm And yet farmers vote republican and voted for Trump.
My oldest daughter's in-laws own 5000 acres of land they farm in Iowa. They've turned against him, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm And yet farmers vote republican and voted for Trump.
My oldest daughter's in-laws own 5000 acres of land they farm in Iowa. They've turned against him, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic