Angel Mothers urge Democrats to fund border wall

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:29 pm
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am So many people still think “the Wall” will keep their brown skinned enemies out!
Duh.
Was Obama a bully when the government shut down to get the ACA passed?
Obamacare passed in 2010. The shutdown under him wasn’t until 2013. It pertained to Obamacare, but it wasn’t a shutdown based on passing it. The Democratic Senate also wouldn’t have passed what the Republican House wanted to do in that case, whereas in this one it’s unclear whether Trump would even have the votes in the Republican House.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I f he doesn't have the votes -

He just keeps vetoing whatever bill Congress sends him.

Shut it (only partially) down.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And of course you ignored my question. Could that be because you really have no answer?????
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:11 pm I have never “been on board “with a border wall.
A Wall will not work. It won't keep those “strange foreigners” kind of people out.
It’s a waste of money.

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm Weird how the dems were so on board with a border wall not so long ago.... but now that push came to shove and the POTUS is ready and willing to actually get the wall done, they are not OK with it. We've been on this merry-go-round since Reagan.

I don't understand why so many citizens of this country are fine with no border. Just let 'em all come in, no problems, it's a big country after all.... but we don't know WHO is coming in, and why they want to come in. That is a huge problem, but it doesn't matter a hill of beans to some.

How many of you who don't want a border wall (or fence, or whatever) lock your doors when you are gone from home, or at night? If you do lock your doors, why do you, if it doesn't matter who comes into the country?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why are you always so rude?
Why do you demand answers?
Your questions are usually lame.
But here goes:

I always lock my door, always have .

Is that what you want to know?
What a silly question.

Our family has always locked up. Probably for as long as i can remember. Since the 1940’s?
Not locking your doors is just plain stupid. And it’s not because of illegals! 🤪😂
Anything else you demand to know???
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 pm And of course you ignored my question. Could that be because you really have no answer?????
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:11 pm I have never “been on board “with a border wall.
A Wall will not work. It won't keep those “strange foreigners” kind of people out.
It’s a waste of money.

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm Weird how the dems were so on board with a border wall not so long ago.... but now that push came to shove and the POTUS is ready and willing to actually get the wall done, they are not OK with it. We've been on this merry-go-round since Reagan.

I don't understand why so many citizens of this country are fine with no border. Just let 'em all come in, no problems, it's a big country after all.... but we don't know WHO is coming in, and why they want to come in. That is a huge problem, but it doesn't matter a hill of beans to some.

How many of you who don't want a border wall (or fence, or whatever) lock your doors when you are gone from home, or at night? If you do lock your doors, why do you, if it doesn't matter who comes into the country?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't "demand" answers, I just find your abilities to deflect amazing so I can't help but notice how often you do that!

I grew up in the country, and we never had a door locked at night.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of my simple question.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 pm Why are you always so rude?
But here goes:

What a silly question.

Our family has always locked up. Probably for as long as i can remember. Since the 1940’s?
Not locking your doors is just plain stupid. And it’s not because of illegals! 🤪😂
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 pm And of course you ignored my question. Could that be because you really have no answer?????
It’s a waste of money.

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s a waste of money.

This
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t “deflect “.
You do demand.
You’re high maintenance .
You’re cranky.
You’re someone I would really not want to know in real life.
Do you have friends outside of this social site? 😆
I doubt it.
Good luck.
You need it.
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 pm I don't "demand" answers, I just find your abilities to deflect amazing so I can't help but notice how often you do that!

I grew up in the country, and we never had a door locked at night.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of my simple question.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 pm Why are you always so rude?
But here goes:

What a silly question.

AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:43 am I don’t understand why we don’t just hand out work permits and social security cards at the Mexican border after running a background check. Voila - resolves the illegal immigrant problem for far less than $5 billion.
Because “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”, because they're our "enemies" and they're "criminals" and they're "terrorists". (What Trump has said about Mexico and their people.)
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm But lots of those "brown people" happen to be Catholic. Isn't that part of Christian?

Actually there are Christians who don't consider Catholics to be a part of Christianity

And you're saying they have a double standard when it comes to locking their own doors, but not wanting an actual border, right?

To 29again -I don't want Trump's border wall. It's a publicity stunt and a waste of money (IMO and environmentally unsafe (links at bottom), but here's the thing... We DO have a border and we do have border security. Each one of you who do the whole "if you don't like Trump's wall, then keep your doors unlocked and let the whole world in because you don't believe in border security" are forgetting the simple fact that America has a border, marked, in some cases, with barriers and we have border security.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... al-damage/
https://m.govexec.com/management/2018/1 ... ms/152687/
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bo ... story.html
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:28 am
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm But lots of those "brown people" happen to be Catholic. Isn't that part of Christian?

Actually there are Christians who don't consider Catholics to be a part of Christianity

And you're saying they have a double standard when it comes to locking their own doors, but not wanting an actual border, right?

To 29again -I don't want Trump's border wall. It's a publicity stunt and a waste of money (IMO and environmentally unsafe (links at bottom), but here's the thing... We DO have a border and we do have border security. Each one of you who do the whole "if you don't like Trump's wall, then keep your doors unlocked and let the whole world in because you don't believe in border security" are forgetting the simple fact that America has a border, marked, in some cases, with barriers and we have border security.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... al-damage/
https://m.govexec.com/management/2018/1 ... ms/152687/
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bo ... story.html
Catholics were the first Christians. Even Martin Luther recognized this fact, otherwise there would have been no Reformation and the Protestant religions and their bible (which was put together by Catholics) wouldn't exist. Some seem to ignore facts on purpose.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic