Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hospital officials who treated a 7-year-old Guatemalan girl who died in U.S. Border Patrol custody said she appears to have died from sepsis shock, according to the most detailed timeline of her death released by the Department of Homeland Security.

Sepsis is the body's extreme response to an existing infection somewhere in the body that can lead to rapid organ failure and death, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gu ... id-n948666
Deleted User 66

Unread post

The US didn't kill her. Her father's decision to make the journey did.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

White conservative Christians? lmao - how typical of you. Nah - just Americans. You know, the ones already HERE that need help - medical, mental and monetary.
It's just a different focus. Doesn't make "us" wrong or you right.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am Well said.
Good ideas.
Yah you would actually be a help there.
Most of the people in this thread don’t really care about the health and welfare of those people or any humans unless they’re white conservative Christians.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 am Instead of (or hell, even in addition to) sending a bunch of military to the border with razor wire, they could have medical personnel and supplies right there, since they already know that the people who will be arriving are coming and will be at the end of a long and dangerous journey that involved walking through the desert for weeks.

Maybe they should put me in charge, since whoever is in charge now is apparently not bright enough to come up with thatboverwhelmingly obvious idea.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am

I have an idea! Why don't you go down there and supervise! LOL

Since you seem to know so much you could probably process these people immediate and wrangle a helicopter in 5 minutes. Your comments absolutely crack me up.

Nothing that is done will ever make you happy under this administration.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trump wants to spend billions on the Wall.
And his needs.
And golf.
And war.

That money should be used for our vets with PTSD and injuries , low cost higher education, and health care.
jas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm White conservative Christians? lmao - how typical of you. Nah - just Americans. You know, the ones already HERE that need help - medical, mental and monetary.
Good ideas.
Most of the people in this thread don’t really care about the health and welfare of those people or any humans unless they’re white conservative Christians.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 am Instead of (or hell, even in addition to) sending a bunch of military to the border with razor wire, they could have medical personnel and supplies right there, since they already know that the people who will be arriving are coming and will be at the end of a long and dangerous journey that involved walking through the desert for weeks.

Maybe they should put me in charge, since whoever is in charge now is apparently not bright enough to come up with thatboverwhelmingly obvious idea.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm Trump wants to spend billions on the Wall.
And his needs.
And golf.
And war.

That money should be used for our vets with PTSD and injuries , low cost higher education, and health care.
jas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm White conservative Christians? lmao - how typical of you. Nah - just Americans. You know, the ones already HERE that need help - medical, mental and monetary.
Good ideas.

I agree on that wall. I was just ranting on here a few days ago that those funds could help improve things, namely for our veterans. There are any number of crises here at home that could use funding.

They could also use that money to help improve those countries that people are running away from, so there would be no flood of people feeling the need to flee to here, rendering the need for the wall superfluous.

The party that claims fiscal conservatism but they want to burn billions on THAT.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You talk like no other president spent money on those things or their own interests... Seriously, where have you been prior to 2016?
And no - I'm not just saying Obama - ALL OF THEM.
While I think the wall isn't the greatest idea, I do think improvements need to be made across the board. Better security and better laws.

libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm Trump wants to spend billions on the Wall.
And his needs.
And golf.
And war.

Good ideas.

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

But, there is only a 99.999999% chance that she would still be alive if her father had left her at home with her mother and siblings. Who could predict that a trip like that could actually be dangerous for a 7 yo child?!
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm She was alive before her parents followed the previous adminsistrations call to "come here"

Her parents decided that they would come here-

The trip here killed her.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 pm the “pro-life” party, everybody
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What would you like the pro-life crowd to do about this, anyway? I raised my children, I follow the laws. I would never take one of my kids on a dangerous trip like the one this girl's father did.... What do you really expect people to do with illegals in the dead of night? What is the "proper and appropriate" reaction from the pro-life people, according to the pro-abort people? I really would like to know... because I'm really surprised that one who advocates murder is so upset over a father doing what this guy did with his own daughter, if he encouraged her mother to abort her, you would be cheering.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 pm they were told she was ill 90 minutes before she was airlifted to the hospital. so, they could have done that sooner.

once again, though, who is to blame really is not pertinent to my observation. the fact is that the reaction from the pro-life crowd to this child’s death has ranged from “meh, border patrol did their best” to “good, maybe it will deter other migrants from coming here” because y’all are not actually pro life.
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:18 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm no, the failure of BP to get her medical attention upon being notified that she was ill killed her. her parents were trying to save her from serious danger.

that said, it doesn’t really matter. you all are not pro life, you’re a pack of hypocrites and nothing more.
When someon noticed she was she got help. She started to become ill on the bus ride. Her father even stated yesterday that they were treated well. What more could the border patrol have done. He said she was in good health and she started vomiting on the bus ride. She got a helicopter ride to a hospital. That’s more than what’s done for the homeless in this country.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am Does it matter? If they had called for help immediately upon notification that a child who had just trekked across a desert was ill/vomiting instead of waiting til they got to their destination, she would have gotten treated that much faster. The helicopter could have been waiting at the destination instead of having to assemble and get to it after she got there.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am helicopter are fast. the should have called for it sooner.
I'll try this again since you failed to answer the question.

I’m really curious how long you genuinely expected it to take for them to asses the situation, call for help, get a crew ready, fly to where they were, get her loaded, and fly back to the hospital?
Yeah but as a parent, you can't depend on emergency medical care asap especially if you're going somewhere you've probably never been before. You would have no idea how things are until you got there. What if others needed faster medical attention? What if it was an unusual busy day for the agents? The parent dropped the ball here, not the agents.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Everyone

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 pm But, there is only a 99.999999% chance that she would still be alive if her father had left her at home with her mother and siblings. Who could predict that a trip like that could actually be dangerous for a 7 yo child?!
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm She was alive before her parents followed the previous adminsistrations call to "come here"

Her parents decided that they would come here-

The trip here killed her.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 pm the “pro-life” party, everybody
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic