Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The previous administration did not tell everyone to "come here." That is such crap. As is "jome." Apparently you have learned to invent words and facts just as your idol does.

However, as I understand it, her father did say she was ok previously and that she had food and water along the way and when she arrived here. I suspect she had an underlying infection that went systemic and she could not be helped. There is still some more information to come as I understand it. We'll see what else is to be learned.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am helicopter are fast. the should have called for it sooner.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm airlifting her 90 minutes earlier when they were told she was ill.
Do you think there was a helicopter following the bus that they could have just hopped right on? Or that the medical helicopters have a teleporters that can just be on site within seconds. Also do you just assume that the pilots and medical personnel are just on the choppers 24/7 with the motors running waiting for the call to take off? You seem to have unrealistic expectations of how long life takes.

I’m so sorry this little girl died. It really is horrible and she didn’t derserve it, it’s heartbreaking that these parents lost their child but putting blame where it doesn’t belong is not helping anything at all and will not help save anyone else in the future.

I’m really curious how long you genuinely expected it to take for them to asses the situation, call for help, get a crew ready, fly to where they were, get her loaded, and fly back to the hospital?
I'll try this again since you failed to answer the question.

I’m really curious how long you genuinely expected it to take for them to asses the situation, call for help, get a crew ready, fly to where they were, get her loaded, and fly back to the hospital?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm curious based on the details in your comment -
Have you seen any details of the condition this particular family lived in? I have not. Just generalized country and that he left his wife and other kids there to fend for themselves while he came to the US.
scemily526 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 am
viv74 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm She got very ill within hours of being detained. Her father even said they were treated well. The child got sick when she was forced to walk for a week without the resources she needed. She could just as easily died in route. She got immediate medical treatment. What more did you expect to be done? The parents made the choice to take her on the journey
what would you do to ensure your children's future, if you lived in a war torn country, no food, dirty water, and no access to anything at all? Would you stay there and 'put up with it'? Or would you do your damndest to get out and HOPE there is something better down that long road....cuz if you stay, you'll most certainly die, and so will your children.

So, - what's a parent to do in a country like that, who hears America gives asylum, and comes up here seeking refuge?
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What is sad as you all blame trump. He didn't tell these people to flee and come in Illegally. She was sick before she was here and they helped with what they could. Cut the shit. This girl would have been alive today if it wasn't for her parents who is the cause of her death.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SO a parent has a gun in the house and child dies it's the parents fault.

If a parent takes a child on a march with barely any food or water or rest and child dies it's trump's fault.

Unreal
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How different your life would be if your ancestors stayed jome... There were people here when the Europeans came.
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm Dear invaders

The USA is definitely a threat

You should stay jome.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The pro-life party picks and chooses when it's pro-life.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 pm the “pro-life” party, everybody
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How different my life would be if my ancestors had just left your ancestors at home.

hotspice58 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:00 am How different your life would be if your ancestors stayed jome... There were people here when the Europeans came.
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm Dear invaders

The USA is definitely a threat

You should stay jome.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm 1) The girls had not had water or food for days BEFORE trying to enter US illegally.
2) The caravan of 163 inundated DHS at 10:30 PM, the port of entry was closed and was 90 miles from the processing location, where there is medical personell
3) The father signed a doc that she was in good health.
4) While waiting to be transported to Lordsburg, New Mexico they had access to water and restrooms.
5) On the bus ride the girl appeared ill, was then taken to a hospital by helicopter, where she died within 24 hours. What more should the US have done?
I follow an autopsy page on Instagram and the dr also commented about this case. A person cannot die within hours of becoming sick like this. The infection would have already spread throughout her body and at the point she reached the US, a case of water wouldn't have helped her. Her body didn't survive the trek to the US and that happens sometimes. I'm sorry that a little girl died but it's not at the hands of our government.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would really appreciate if anyone who believes the US government and/or the border patrol is a fault would please give me a timeline of exactly how you think events should have happened. Everyone keeps saying things should have happened faster. I would like an exact time line of how you think it should have worked out that would have made the chances of this beautiful little girl surviving immensely greater.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic