Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner spent a weekend at a luxury hotel in the Dominican Republic and cost taxpayers $58,000

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't think the cost of security should be held against politicians in high office.

They need vacations to function, and limiting the role of politician only to those wealthy enough to afford their own security would be a mistake.

That said, I do think it should be held against a president if they artificially inflate the cost of guarding them IN ORDER TO make a personal profit (such as, for example, charging the secret service outrageous fees to rent rooms in hotels the president owns).
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I gave 2 examples - one from the current administration and one from the previous. I think 2 highlighted my point.
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 pm I didn't have a problem with any of the other Presidents taking vacations and it being tax funded, I don't have an issue with the Trumps doing the same.

I wish it didn't include extended family - like Michelle's mother or the adult Trump children, but it is what it is.

I did have higher expectations for President Trump to take fewer outings, even if they are working vacations, simply because he called that out and promised he wouldn't do more of the same. I consider that a campaign promise, just like his promise to refine border security, including building a wall.
You left out Boris and Natasha, Melania's parents.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why? Because his family is taking all they can while they can.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm
Linaluo wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Promoting his businesses is not considered a work vacation. Don't be so gullible.
Not gullible. There is proof he was golfing with someone and it's a great way to mold a team. Stop being so blind
Except when Obama golfed, you guys said he was neglecting his job as President.
LMFAO No I didn't.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Locked Previous topicNext topic