“A shining example” of why owning and knowing how to properly use a gun is important.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

South Carolina woman kills escaped jail inmate who kicked down her door, sheriff says

Hours after he and another inmate escaped jail after beating up a security guard, a South Carolina inmate was fatally shot after he broke into a woman’s house, officials said.

Bruce McLaughlin Jr., 30, was shot in the head by the woman after he kicked in her back door on Tuesday, according to Pickens County authorities.

After he entered the home, McLaughlin grabbed a knife sharpening tool from the kitchen and headed toward the woman’s bedroom around 3 a.m. Sheriff Rick Clark said the woman was home alone and had undergone concealed weapons training at some point prior to the incident.

"This was a big guy. If she hadn't had a weapon there's no telling what would have happened," the sheriff said. "I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was of her."

Clark said the incident was “a shining example” of why owning and knowing how to properly use a gun is important.

read the full article:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-caroli ... eriff-says
KAG
Mean Girl
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This kind of thing happens more than people know. I say good for her.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:25 pm This kind of thing happens more than people know. I say good for her.
He broke into her home, grabbed a knife, and went into her bedroom at 3:00am. If she didn't have that gun and know how to use it, she would be dead. She's so brave.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Lol someone breaks in they will get ripped apart by two dogs. I won't need to use gun.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good. You never know when it could be you.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:44 pm Good. You never know when it could be you.
I also take comfort in knowing that thanks to the bravery of this woman, that scumbag is finally rehabilitated.
KAG
Mean Girl
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good for her
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... dd8b2cdf90

At least 265 people were accidentally shot by kids in 2015. This is from 2015 but I can only imagine the number has gone up or stayed the same. We can celebrate the one incident where having a gun worked out. Or we can remember that almost every day an innocent person is accidentally shot by having a gun in the home.
On Monday, three days after Christmas, the four-year-old son of an Alaska state trooper had just returned home from sledding. He was playing by himself in the living room. His mom and grandmother were not far away, in the kitchen, the Alaska Dispatch News reports.

But somehow the boy, William Anderson, found a gun belonging to his father. The gun went off and killed William.

At least 265 children under the age of 18 picked up a firearm and accidentally shot themselves or someone else with it in 2015, according to numbers compiled by the gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety.
I'm going to play it safe and keep guns out of my house.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’d like to see a picture of the knife sharpening tool he grabbed. It’s like such an odd thing to grab out of a kitchen.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If that woman was so well trained, why couldn’t she have shot him somewhere that would disable him instead of killing him?
Locked Previous topicNext topic