Why did Florida get all the emergency supplies it requested when other states didn't?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 am
29again wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:36 am
Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:18 pm

Rhode Island tried that with New York plates but were told to stop and they did stop. Interesting.
Really? Funny, all I can find indicates RI expanded on that, to include ALL out-of-state plates, not just NY plates.
Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is no longer singling out motorists from New York for restricted access to her state. Instead, she has broadened the restrictions to include all other states.
https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... rs-1269535
Do you even read what you quote? “No longer singling out New York”. That statement lets you know that they were singling out New York plates at one point and are “no longer” doing it. What I wrote.
You made it sound as if RI stopped the new policy of stopping cars altogether and not having the Nat'l Guard going house-to-house to find out-of-state people. So, yeah, they stopped singling out New York, but simply expanded it to all states, which you could have said just as easily. Not my fault you were misleading with your statement.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:44 am
Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 am
29again wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:36 am

Really? Funny, all I can find indicates RI expanded on that, to include ALL out-of-state plates, not just NY plates.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... rs-1269535
Do you even read what you quote? “No longer singling out New York”. That statement lets you know that they were singling out New York plates at one point and are “no longer” doing it. What I wrote.
You made it sound as if RI stopped the new policy of stopping cars altogether and not having the Nat'l Guard going house-to-house to find out-of-state people. So, yeah, they stopped singling out New York, but simply expanded it to all states, which you could have said just as easily. Not my fault you were misleading with your statement.
Ok. My sentence was short, I get it could be misinterpreted.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably because we're a red state and he hopes to get our vote in the next election. Wasn't Florida one of the deciding states in the last one?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am It seems that they asked for a lot LESS supplies than other states. It also looks like supplies sent went by population rather than request.
The system appears to roughly conform to states’ populations, rather than the size of their requests. Florida, a state of 21 million, got all 180,000 N95 masks it wanted. Oregon, a state of 4 million, only received 40,000 of the 400,000 masks it requested, and New Jersey, a state of 9 million, got 85,000 of the 2.9 million masks it feels it needs.
Above quote from the article posted
No no no... It's all about TRUMP.

lmao
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Trump needs Florida's electoral college votes to win.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 am
DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am It seems that they asked for a lot LESS supplies than other states. It also looks like supplies sent went by population rather than request.
The system appears to roughly conform to states’ populations, rather than the size of their requests. Florida, a state of 21 million, got all 180,000 N95 masks it wanted. Oregon, a state of 4 million, only received 40,000 of the 400,000 masks it requested, and New Jersey, a state of 9 million, got 85,000 of the 2.9 million masks it feels it needs.
Above quote from the article posted
No no no... It's all about TRUMP.

lmao
Me forget

Orange Man Bad
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is it actually Trump who makes the decision as to what medical supplies go where?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm Is it actually Trump who makes the decision as to what medical supplies go where?
Apparently a president can direct any department to do what he tells them.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:59 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm Is it actually Trump who makes the decision as to what medical supplies go where?
Yes, but I would think making those decisions would be made by someone with the specific job of being in charge of the federal medical decisions.

Maybe that is the president, I don’t know. But I would have assumed it would be the surgeon general or someone on his team.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:59 pm
Yes, but I would think making those decisions would be made by someone with the specific job of being in charge of the federal medical decisions.

Maybe that is the president, I don’t know. But I would have assumed it would be the surgeon general or someone on his team.
We are talking about a man who appointed a surgeon as the head of HUD.

It's the task force as far as I'm aware. However he can still override their decisions.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic