Marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Our youngest daughter has had her medical mj card since this past May.

For her, it helps tremendously and is used versus taking other prescribed medications that she'd rather not take either because she has taken them before and they didn't work or because they closely monitor her liver for other private, past reasons.

She got the card for her Chiari Malformation and other neurological problems. She will be renewing in May but will also be including a recent diagnosis of PTSD for again, a private reason.

Luckily, a new AZ law that goes into affect in this coming year is it will be an every two year renewal vs annually.

Now, having written all of this, I will say that while it helps HER , it may not be the case for all and in fact, there is still openings for abuse (ex. people obtaining their card and spending their monthly allotments to only turn around to sell it privately) as well as it simply not helping the individual at all.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 pm
29again wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm It’s legal, but it’s not being pushed as a cure for anything. And it’s also not being promoted as safe. Warnings on cigarette packages are getting bigger and more direct than ever. In fact, the tobacco industry has been steadily declining while products meant to ease quitting smoking are on the increase. Not to mention that worldwide, countries have taken measures to decrease second hand exposure.
I do have to add, though, that I personally wouldn’t care if tobacco was illegal. Although we know by experience that prohibitions hardly work.

There are warnings on cigars, chew, dips, and vape juices. Cigarettes, not so much. No warning labels on them as of yet. And vaping, which is by far the most effective and most popular stop-smoking method, has taken a big hit lately, due to the big controversy here in the states.

What gets me is all the controversy over tobacco/nicotine while they are pushing legalization of marijuana so hard and everybody and their uncle is now selling CBD and hemp products which are gaining in popularity.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risk to Your Health.

That's all that's on a cigarette pack.

I wanted a JUUL. My middle son had a connection fit, saying they're killing people. I tried to explain and he wouldn't hear it. I have a couple of vapes, but I don't really like them. Especially the big rig. I had a Smok I liked but I lost it :(
f**k Juul
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm It’s legal, but it’s not being pushed as a cure for anything. And it’s also not being promoted as safe. Warnings on cigarette packages are getting bigger and more direct than ever. In fact, the tobacco industry has been steadily declining while products meant to ease quitting smoking are on the increase. Not to mention that worldwide, countries have taken measures to decrease second hand exposure.
I do have to add, though, that I personally wouldn’t care if tobacco was illegal. Although we know by experience that prohibitions hardly work.

There are warnings on cigars, chew, dips, and vape juices. Cigarettes, not so much. No warning labels on them as of yet. And vaping, which is by far the most effective and most popular stop-smoking method, has taken a big hit lately, due to the big controversy here in the states.

What gets me is all the controversy over tobacco/nicotine while they are pushing legalization of marijuana so hard and everybody and their uncle is now selling CBD and hemp products which are gaining in popularity.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risk to Your Health.

I wanted a JUUL. My middle son had a connection fit, saying they're killing people. I tried to explain and he wouldn't hear it. I have a couple of vapes, but I don't really like them. Especially the big rig. I had a Smok I liked but I lost it :(
Oh, yeah, those have been on for years. Nobody notices them due to their less-than-prominent placement. Now, everything but cigarettes has to have 1/3rd of the label as a warning that "This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical." Front AND back. That was fun, when everyone was reformatting their printing, we were out of some products for a while.... like they didn't know it was coming or something. This one woman freaked out the first time she noticed the label on her RYO. I still don't know if she was serious, or just playing.

Juuls haven't killed anyone! I don't like vaping, but the boy does like the Smok mods. He is currently using a Smok Nord. He likes the juul, too. But he doesn't use that since he can't get flavors for it, and he won't try a knock-off. So, it's the Smok for him.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 pm

f**k Juul
Well get upset with your favorite teen.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Oh, yeah, those have been on for years. Nobody notices them due to their less-than-prominent placement. Now, everything but cigarettes has to have 1/3rd of the label as a warning that "This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical." Front AND back. That was fun, when everyone was reformatting their printing, we were out of some products for a while.... like they didn't know it was coming or something. This one woman freaked out the first time she noticed the label on her RYO. I still don't know if she was serious, or just playing.

Juuls haven't killed anyone! I don't like vaping, but the boy does like the Smok mods. He is currently using a Smok Nord. He likes the juul, too. But he doesn't use that since he can't get flavors for it, and he won't try a knock-off. So, it's the Smok for him.
Yes Vaping has killed people.
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/a- ... th-update/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 am

Yeah. Vaping STREET "CBD". Made without regulations. Home grown. E acetate. I thought you were a researcher, up to date on reality.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:18 am

Yeah. Vaping STREET "CBD". Made without regulations. Home grown. E acetate. I thought you were a researcher, up to date on reality.
You didn’t read the article I see.
Yes Juul
They’re being sued .
They’re also responsible.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 am

Yes Juul
They’re being sued .
I read the article. Nowhere in it did it say any of the deaths were caused by Juul. Only 16% of affected people said they used nothing but nicotine liquid, the rest admitted using either CBD or THC or a combination. I guess you didn’t read the article.

All the lawsuits are for
alleging the company intentionally marketed its products to minors. The lawsuit also said Juul "misrepresented the potency of nicotine in its products and misrepresented Juul's products as smoking cessation devices."
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We've been over this, gma. Juul does not make a THC pod, which is what was doing the killing. THC cartridges with E-acetate added (which is not an ingredient in legit vape juices and pods) which were made god-only-knows-where and sold on the street. NOT at all the same thing.

I thought you looked into this stuff about a month ago. Have you forgotten what you learned already?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 am

Yes Juul
They’re being sued .
Yes, juul is being sued. That does not mean that juul is responsible for the deaths. Un-regulated adulterated THC cartridges are what caused the deaths. HUGE difference, but I don't expect you to actually read your own article and/or do more research. Juul is being blamed for anything vape related, because they got so big, so quickly. Their name is almost synonymous with vaping. Vaping is a huge industry with a LOT more than just juul.

I just looked at your article. The pic at the top -- that is NOT a juul. That is a vape pen. Something completely different. Now, quote me the part that says that juul is responsible for all the deaths. If you don't mind, that is.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic