Pelosi Snaps At Reporter Who Asked If She "Hates The President"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:25 pm
GMa4all wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:15 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Well she could be a repenting Catholic trying for absolution if all her sins. Failing, but could be trying.
If she supports CHOICE it’s not a sin.
If she herself would not have an abortion but allows others to make their own choice, it’s not a sin.
So it okay if I choose to support people that murder, abuse children etc as long as I’m not doing those things I’m good right? Most Christians believe that life begins as conception and feel that it’s murder of the unborn. I’m not catholic but baptist
I don’t think you understand the definition of “ Choice”.
I would never have an abortion but I won’t force others to agree with me.
And, no- most Christians do not believe that life begins at conception and that it is murder of the unborn.
But I still am only responsible for myself and it’s wrong to force others to agree with me.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:13 pm She’s not a catholic when she ignores the cornerstone of the faith by supporting abortion.
Well she could be a repenting Catholic trying for absolution if all her sins. Failing, but could be trying.
If she herself would not have an abortion but allows others to make their own choice, it’s not a sin.
Catholics are not supposed to believe in abortion the way that Muslim Women are supposed to wear headscarves.
It is a choice as it is a big part of their faith. And they choose to be a part of that faith. A Catholic does not believe in abortion. Does that make sense?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Catholics are not supposed to believe in abortion the way that Muslims Women are supposed to wear headscarves.
It is a choice as it is a big part of their faith. And they choose to be a part of that faith. A Catholic does not believe in abortion. Does that make sense?
There is a difference between the Church's stance on a social issue and the stance by individual members:

"By contrast, 83% of religiously unaffiliated Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, as do nearly two-thirds of black Protestants (64%), six-in-ten white mainline Protestants (60%) and a slim majority of Catholics (56%)."

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/pub ... -abortion/

And not only do a majority of Catholics believe that abortion should be legal, many Catholic women have abortions:

"Many abortion patients reported a religious affiliation—24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients had no religious affiliation."

https://www.guttmacher.org/report/chara ... ients-2014
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If the Catholic church is truly so against abortion, it should excommunicate many of its members.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:28 pm

So it okay if I choose to support people that murder, abuse children etc as long as I’m not doing those things I’m good right? Most Christians believe that life begins as conception and feel that it’s murder of the unborn. I’m not catholic but baptist
And, no- most Christians do not believe that life begins at conception and that it is murder of the unborn.
But I still am only responsible for myself and it’s wrong to force others to agree with me.
I have knowns many Christians some that are Catholic(who most do believe life begins at conception which is why many are against birth control that stops implantation),Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Baptists. All believe that abortion is murder. I have even spoken with Priests pastors etc about this. I did a debate about it in school. I had to argue the moral/religious point of view.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:59 pm
I have knowns many Christians some that are Catholic(who most do believe life begins at conception which is why many are against birth control that stops implantation),Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Baptists. All believe that abortion is murder. I have even spoken with Priests pastors etc about this. I did a debate about it in school. I had to argue the moral/religious point of view.
I think that many people, regardless of their religious affiliation, are more comfortable with anonymous polling than they are being questioned in person or those they know.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You sure about that? Just about every Christian I know, and quite a few who aren’t, believer VERY strongly that abortion IS murder.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:39 pm If the Catholic church is truly so against abortion, it should excommunicate many of its members.
I agree. Didn’t a priest refuse to give Biden communion because of his beliefs?

You have only to look at the Kennedy family who are famous for being Catholic although most of the men, and quite a few women, show absolutely no adherence to a lot of Catholic dogma. The same with a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle.

The Catholics who do as they want during the week and use confession to absolve themselves with no change in behavior are one of the biggest reasons I don’t have very much respect for the Catholic religion.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:16 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:59 pm

I think that many people, regardless of their religious affiliation, are more comfortable with anonymous polling than they are being questioned in person or those they know.
Absolutely. It also emboldens people on message boards who can hide behind anonymous instead of owning what they post.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:33 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:39 pm If the Catholic church is truly so against abortion, it should excommunicate many of its members.
I agree. Didn’t a priest refuse to give Biden communion because of his beliefs?

You have only to look at the Kennedy family who are famous for being Catholic although most of the men, and quite a few women, show absolutely no adherence to a lot of Catholic dogma. The same with a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle.

The Catholics who do as they want during the week and use confession to absolve themselves with no change in behavior are one of the biggest reasons I don’t have very much respect for the Catholic religion.
I'm a lapsed Catholic because I disagree with a lot of its ways.

It's not just Catholics who do that. People are the same no matter their religion. I live in an area full of Protestants and let me tell ya about them, hahaha ;-)

Imo, if you're going to claim it, you gotta live it. And pretending is easier than doing, kwim?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic