I wish this group was more active.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe I’ll post a lot and see if anyone responds.

My kids are 13 & 11. I guess I can only say I’ve been a “single” mom for 9 months. But my ex was more like another child than a partner, so can I say 4 years?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:32 pm Maybe I’ll post a lot and see if anyone responds.

My kids are 13 & 11. I guess I can only say I’ve been a “single” mom for 9 months. But my ex was more like another child than a partner, so can I say 4 years?
I am not a single mom, but my kids are close to your ages. Some men are much like children and need to be handled like children. My husband is not a child, but he can do childish things.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 am
Bubbs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:32 pm Maybe I’ll post a lot and see if anyone responds.

I am not a single mom, but my kids are close to your ages. Some men are much like children and need to be handled like children. My husband is not a child, but he can do childish things.
I will just stay single, I have two children. I definitely don’t want to take care of another person.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 am

I will just stay single, I have two children. I definitely don’t want to take care of another person.
My husband is usually good at looking after us. We both work and contribute about the same income to the household. He is a good dad, but has his moments. Sometimes I need to tell him what to do, and when I do, he does it without question. If I give him his garage and buddy time, he usually responds well to everything else. Being in the Army, he has many buddies.

I have a few single parent friends, and in my legal business, work with single moms all the time. One day you will find someone who compliments who you are. Single parenting is not that easy. While I am married, my husband deploys frequently and for long periods, so I have a really good idea of single motherhood.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Don't plan singleness into your future Bubbs. I know its intoxicating and addicting. But so will meeting a handsome man that sweeps you off your feet, sends you flowers at random and takes you and your kids on vacation.

As for me, single mom since my little one was born.
My ex just stopped trying when my 6 year old was born. Poor kid misses him but i can't allow him around my kids without supervision, i might never see them again.

This single life is giving you the opportunity to find out who you are at your core, it'll give you a chance to do what you want to do. A wonderful man will come along at some point and when he shows up you will be willing to give up that piece of yourself that you're afraid to lose now.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I wish it was too. I like babycenter. It is less bitchy as far as i have seen
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I really wish it was too. I am a single mom my kids are 22, 20, 13 & 7.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 am Don't plan singleness into your future Bubbs. I know its intoxicating and addicting. But so will meeting a handsome man that sweeps you off your feet, sends you flowers at random and takes you and your kids on vacation.

As for me, single mom since my little one was born.
My ex just stopped trying when my 6 year old was born. Poor kid misses him but i can't allow him around my kids without supervision, i might never see them again.

This single life is giving you the opportunity to find out who you are at your core, it'll give you a chance to do what you want to do. A wonderful man will come along at some point and when he shows up you will be willing to give up that piece of yourself that you're afraid to lose now.
I don’t know if I want it. Twice. I tried twice & it failed miserably. I think it’s the universe telling me that I’m healthier, stronger & better on my own.
And laying on my couch, not doing a thing & no one asking me why, today...feels so perfect 😀
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 am I really wish it was too. I am a single mom my kids are 22, 20, 13 & 7.
Are the 22 & 20 year old still at home or are they off doing there thing? Was it hard to let them go?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Superbutt wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:35 am I wish it was too. I like babycenter. It is less bitchy as far as i have seen
I might pop over there. I’ve never tried
Locked Previous topicNext topic