I wish this group was more active.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 am
Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 am

I am not a single mom, but my kids are close to your ages. Some men are much like children and need to be handled like children. My husband is not a child, but he can do childish things.
I will just stay single, I have two children. I definitely don’t want to take care of another person.
My husband is usually good at looking after us. We both work and contribute about the same income to the household. He is a good dad, but has his moments. Sometimes I need to tell him what to do, and when I do, he does it without question. If I give him his garage and buddy time, he usually responds well to everything else. Being in the Army, he has many buddies.

I have a few single parent friends, and in my legal business, work with single moms all the time. One day you will find someone who compliments who you are. Single parenting is not that easy. While I am married, my husband deploys frequently and for long periods, so I have a really good idea of single motherhood.
Single parenting isn’t easy, but 100 times better than my last marriage, I don’t believe I’ll let anyone past the walls I’ve built to protect myself.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:53 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 am I really wish it was too. I am a single mom my kids are 22, 20, 13 & 7.
Are the 22 & 20 year old still at home or are they off doing there thing? Was it hard to let them go?
22 & 20yr olds are still at home. 22yr old goes to college and works full time. 20 yr old works full time and is getting ready to fly the coop. It will be super hard but I know it is going to happen. I hope he travels for a bit, grows and when done comes back home not to my house but back to the state.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Superbutt wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:35 am I wish it was too. I like babycenter. It is less bitchy as far as i have seen
I actually checked out that site after your post. I wish I had found that when my girls were younger. Quite an active Canadian site.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 am
Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 am

I will just stay single, I have two children. I definitely don’t want to take care of another person.
My husband is usually good at looking after us. We both work and contribute about the same income to the household. He is a good dad, but has his moments. Sometimes I need to tell him what to do, and when I do, he does it without question. If I give him his garage and buddy time, he usually responds well to everything else. Being in the Army, he has many buddies.

I have a few single parent friends, and in my legal business, work with single moms all the time. One day you will find someone who compliments who you are. Single parenting is not that easy. While I am married, my husband deploys frequently and for long periods, so I have a really good idea of single motherhood.
Single parenting isn’t easy, but 100 times better than my last marriage, I don’t believe I’ll let anyone past the walls I’ve built to protect myself.
You will do what you have to do. When my husband is gone for more than three months (nine being the longest), I get into a single parent routine. It is probably a bit more strict than when he is home to co-parent, but if I don't do it that way I won't survive. Then when he gets home finally, things go to crap parent wise for a while until everyone adjusts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic