Hockey withdrawal

AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My husband and I are both big hockey fans. This is the first year, however, that we have had access to all of the games during the playoffs. We've gotten so used to seeing a game every night, and now...the wait is on until Monday!
I am a Sharks fan. My husband is a Bruins fan(not a Brad Marchand fan, LOL). My 6 year old daughter is rooting for the Caps.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like both teams that are in the finals. Because it'd make a great story, I'd love to see Vegas win. But on the other hand, I feel bad that the GREAT 8 still doesn't have a cup!

Did you watch tonight's game?

PS: I'm happy to hear that your husband does not like Marchand! LOL!
labellavita
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I'm a diehard Hockey Fan and Caps are my team so I couldn't be more excited for the Stanley Cup final! Last night's game was a disappointing but we will see what happens ; ) I'd love to see Ovi get his cup.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I haven’t watched hockey in a long time (my husband hates it), when did Vegas get a team?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CannotCount wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 pm I haven’t watched hockey in a long time (my husband hates it), when did Vegas get a team?
This is the inaugural season
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are huge hockey fans in my house. My team did not make the playoffs this year (Blues), while my husband and sons team (Leafs) got knock out in the first round.

The first game of the finals was sloppy. But I heard the ice was soft and the puck was bouncing everywhere. Also with the soft ice the game will not be as fast. They have said the NHL has fixed the issues and even the Capitals have stated the ice is faster and the pucks are not bouncing. So we should have a good game tonight. Hopefully the goalies are better as well both looked rusty.

I am not a Ovi fan (never have been). I hope Vegas wins (wish I had bet $100 on this team at the beginning of the season), I want to see Fleury and Reaves host the cup.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 am
CannotCount wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 pm I haven’t watched hockey in a long time (my husband hates it), when did Vegas get a team?
And they’ve made it that far? Wow impressive!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CannotCount wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am
highlandmum wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 am
And they’ve made it that far? Wow impressive!
Second NHL team to do this. St. Louis made it to the finals their first season, but did not win the cup.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 am I like both teams that are in the finals. Because it'd make a great story, I'd love to see Vegas win. But on the other hand, I feel bad that the GREAT 8 still doesn't have a cup!

The game Monday night was amazing! LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. My husband left to go to the corner store when the score was 1-1. When he came back it was 2-2. He went to get ready for work, got out of the shower and it was 3-3. 10 min after he left for work it was 4-4. When I messaged him with the 6-4 score, he was beside himself. :)

About Marchand...yeah. We've had a lot of conversations about his antics in this house. LOL
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 am I like both teams that are in the finals. Because it'd make a great story, I'd love to see Vegas win. But on the other hand, I feel bad that the GREAT 8 still doesn't have a cup!

The game Monday night was amazing! LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. My husband left to go to the corner store when the score was 1-1. When he came back it was 2-2. He went to get ready for work, got out of the shower and it was 3-3. 10 min after he left for work it was 4-4. When I messaged him with the 6-4 score, he was beside himself. :)

About Marchand...yeah. We've had a lot of conversations about his antics in this house. LOL
That game was nuts! My daughter was watching the game with me and she kept falling asleep. (Don't ask me how she could!) But every time she woke up, it was tied up again! This is an excellent match up! It's hard to tell who's going to win!
I'm going to be going absolutely nuts, though. I'll watch tomorrow night's game but after that, we're heading to the mountains where there's NO internet! Anything might happen before I get back home next Sunday!
Locked Previous topicNext topic