Car Rides

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Does your dog like to go riding in the vehicle?

Our Doge is really becoming fanatical about it. He will sneak out to the garage first thing every morning following his long walk & play time and hide in the 3rd row seats of the van like a stow away, hoping to go with us. But with the heat, sadly, I cannot bring him if I will be out of the vehicle more than 5 minutes. When we go to get him out, he rolls over on his back and looks soo sad. It's heart breaking.

He's a small dog, about 11 pounds, but I swear, in his heart, he's like a larger working dog, who needs action & purpose 24 hours a day.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Your dog sounds like a sharp cookie! My dog is a little too large to fit comfortably in my car unless she is in the back. She has been on a few car rides and seems to enjoy it. I've been meaning to bring her with me more often.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I never realized smarter dogs need so much mental stimulation. There are many days, I miss my old "un-smart" dog who was content to just eat, play for 5 minutes, sleep for a long time & repeat. This guy will chew up & eat my clothes, start digging out the children's toys trying to entice them to play, whine while trying to play hide & seek, if he does not have enough entertainment. It's rather obnoxious and now trying to stow away in the car!!
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 am Your dog sounds like a sharp cookie! My dog is a little too large to fit comfortably in my car unless she is in the back. She has been on a few car rides and seems to enjoy it. I've been meaning to bring her with me more often.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They are both very anxious about car rides but once they've been in the car for a while, they relax and will hang their head out the window.

They are not at all like the dogs I used to have. Rita would sit on my lap and pant out the window. Prince would run from one window to the next, barking and hanging his head out the window. It was like he had to acknowledge each window- so funny.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My pup loves car rides! I dont dare say those words out loud unless I'm taking her because she gets so excited.
Attachments
20170827_165830.jpg
Locked Previous topicNext topic