Want a truck

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So my kids are older and I'm thinking about buying a truck. I want to be able to haul things like furniture and not pay a $100 fee because I live in the middle of nowhere.
I also like that I can get four wheel drive.
After looking at new truck prices; however, I'm in shock!
I can buy a decent luxury car with all wheel drive for what a new truck is.
So my question is should I buy a new truck or buy a used one?
I know financially speaking a used one makes more sense but I'm not sure if I want to take a gamble on it.
i want candy!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you looked at Demo trucks? These will still have a warranty and such but you can save a ton.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am Have you looked at Demo trucks? These will still have a warranty and such but you can save a ton.
No. I never even heard of these. I know you can buy the certified preowned.
i want candy!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:23 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am Have you looked at Demo trucks? These will still have a warranty and such but you can save a ton.
They are not preowned. They are usually driven by someone in the dealership, I got one and it only had 4,000 km and at a substantial discount.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:19 pm
They are not preowned. They are usually driven by someone in the dealership, I got one and it only had 4,000 km and at a substantial discount.
Nice! I'm definitly looking into this! Thanks so much!
i want candy!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We are Dave Ramsey folks...to an extent. One thing that we do agree with him on is never have a car loan- pay cash. We will only buy used vehicles as there is no appreciation to a vehicle unless it is a classic that has been rehabbed in all honesty. They depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot, so where is the value in buying brand new? At least that is our way of thinking. Used vehicles can be just as reliable as brand new and they don't cost as much. I would go used if I were you.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We tend to buy new vehicles, BUT, I think there is nothin wrong with buying a used truck!
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve had new trucks years ago, but would never buy one now. They’re completely ridiculous. We don’t use ours often enough to justify that kind of money sitting in the driveway depreciating. We actually just went down in truck for that reason. Bought a pretty nice truck for $12,500.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Look at car rental agencies.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:19 pm
I've bought several of my vehicle from dealerships that used them as demos, lender cars, or were driven by the salesmen for a year. Typically they had under 5,000 miles, full warranty, were always serviced on schedule at the dealership, and had a great price. You have to keep checking - they are usually available right after the upcoming model year vehicles are delivered.
Locked Previous topicNext topic