Creepy place I visited once in Atlanta-Candler Mansion

RedBottoms

Unread post

So literally across the street from my Dad's house in downtown Atlanta is one of the campuses for Emory and on it is the Candler Mansion and its grounds. They often film movies there including Vampire Diaries.

We walked over there one day to look around. The mansion is still there to this day. Its boarded up. It is pretty huge and had this cool side entrance where they pull the cars and carriages around. Also I believe it had greenhouses.

It was owned by someone in the Coca Cola family. The guy that owned it had animals including elephants on the property. In this video you can see the house and the part that is like a cement ditch patio and that is where he kept the wild animals. I walked right in that part and all over the property.

Now the property has a large building which I am pretty sure is the building used in the outside shots of Stranger Things when they showed the bad guy science facility. The buildings look the same. It used to be a psychiatric hospital and now its classrooms I think.

They also I believe based American Horror Story Asylum on this place because it has the similar name of Briarcliff. The road my Dad lives on is Briarcliff.

So the place overall has some creepy vibes going on. I heard they want to remake the mansion into a boutique hotel. So I bet people staying there might have some ghostly experiences.

http://emorywheel.com/26443-2/ this is the psychiatric building and its creepy looking even in daylight. Its actually just to the left of the old mansion. My Dad says he often sees camera crews and trailers etc over there filming.

they say its off limits but it really isn't or wasn't when we went there. They use it for student parking and you can just walk right in and walk all over it
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Thats cool
Locked Previous topicNext topic