Robert the real life chucky

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Key West artist and author Robert Eugene (Gene) Otto was given the homemade “Robert the Doll” in 1906, when he was six years old. One of his family’s Bahamian servants made the spooky-looking thing out of a wire frame, cloth, straw, and hair from Gene’s own head. This servant put a curse on the doll.

Robert , gene's doll, was apparently the jealous type, and soon Gene’s other toys were mutilated.

As time went on parents the doll would be heard giggling. The family caught glimpses of it moving through the house.
As an adult, Gene, moved back to his childhood home with his wife Anne. Anne took an instant dislike to the doll, swearing she had seen its expression change.
The doll was put in the attic but guests heard unexplained footsteps, laughter, and movement upstairs. The doll was often found in a rocking chair on the main floor.

You can visit Robert in the Fort East Martello Museum in Key West. If you want to take his picture, just ask him.
i want candy!
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've seen the doll in person. I didn't find him creepy, but my DH did. He was in a little glass case when we saw him.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If the doll was so creepy, why didn't Gene throw it in the fire?
Locked Previous topicNext topic