"The Outsider"

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anyone else read this novel by Stephen King? I am about halfway through. I was reading alone at night last night and everyone else in the house was asleep. I got scared enough I had to stop reading and go to bed. I was getting freaked out honestly.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have not yet, but I do like Stephen King.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No. I haven't read anything by King since reading Salem's Lot and The Shining as a teen. Too effing scary for me.
RedBottoms

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am No. I haven't read anything by King since reading Salem's Lot and The Shining as a teen. Too effing scary for me.
Pet Semetary was the scariest one to me. I was really upset reading that one. This one starts out more like a crime novel almost giving me very "Broadchurch" vibes. But then halfway through it goes supernatural and I am freaked out. It was not even anything super scary that happened just the general vibe of what the monster is was freaking me out and I didn't want to read alone in the dark anymore
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not yet, typically I use King and Koontz for summertime reading.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am No. I haven't read anything by King since reading Salem's Lot and The Shining as a teen. Too effing scary for me.
Pet Semetary was the scariest one to me. I was really upset reading that one. This one starts out more like a crime novel almost giving me very "Broadchurch" vibes. But then halfway through it goes supernatural and I am freaked out. It was not even anything super scary that happened just the general vibe of what the monster is was freaking me out and I didn't want to read alone in the dark anymore

Good review, you got me looking forward to it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 pm
That's why I don't read any of his stuff.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:22 am Anyone else read this novel by Stephen King? I am about halfway through. I was reading alone at night last night and everyone else in the house was asleep. I got scared enough I had to stop reading and go to bed. I was getting freaked out honestly.
No but sounds like something I'm going to pick up.
I like Koontz more but King is always good too.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I haven't read any Stephen King since I read Pet Semetary in college. That one ended my reading relationship with Mr. King. His mastery of terror was too much for me.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm also about half way through. It's not scary to me in the least, but it's definitely interesting. It's my first time reading a Stephen King novel lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic