How one change affects another...

AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have been changing my diet/activity lately. I was not drinking much water, but downing a ton of soda every day. (5-6 cans). I haven't had a soda since August 5th. I have been drinking mostly water now, with exception of a cup of coffee in the morning, and a cup of hot tea to relax at night. No more processed food, and a lot more fruits and vegetables...
I have also been doing tai chi, and swimming, plus walking my daughter to and from school(30 min twice a day). I have noticed a few things.
I haven't lost a lot of weight..I mean, this is still relatively new, but I have lost inches. My body shape is changing. Also, since I have stopped drinking soda, I am finding that I have lost the desire for sweet foods. The thing that is weirdest to me, though, is that I don't eat much cheese anymore. Cheese is something I have always liked having a LOT of. I barely eat it now, even though it is in the house. I just don't want it.
I am really interested to find out what other changes are on the horizon!
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 am I have been changing my diet/activity lately. I was not drinking much water, but downing a ton of soda every day. (5-6 cans). I haven't had a soda since August 5th. I have been drinking mostly water now, with exception of a cup of coffee in the morning, and a cup of hot tea to relax at night. No more processed food, and a lot more fruits and vegetables...
I have also been doing tai chi, and swimming, plus walking my daughter to and from school(30 min twice a day). I have noticed a few things.
I haven't lost a lot of weight..I mean, this is still relatively new, but I have lost inches. My body shape is changing. Also, since I have stopped drinking soda, I am finding that I have lost the desire for sweet foods. The thing that is weirdest to me, though, is that I don't eat much cheese anymore. Cheese is something I have always liked having a LOT of. I barely eat it now, even though it is in the house. I just don't want it.
Your craving for cheese was most likely your body's attempt to replace the minerals lost by drinking all that soda. Soda is very acidic. Soda will actually dissolve eggshells which is composed of calcium carbonate. Good for you for cutting out the soda!!
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:45 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 am I have been changing my diet/activity lately. I was not drinking much water, but downing a ton of soda every day. (5-6 cans). I haven't had a soda since August 5th. I have been drinking mostly water now, with exception of a cup of coffee in the morning, and a cup of hot tea to relax at night. No more processed food, and a lot more fruits and vegetables...
Your craving for cheese was most likely your body's attempt to replace the minerals lost by drinking all that soda. Soda is very acidic. Soda will actually dissolve eggshells which is composed of calcium carbonate. Good for you for cutting out the soda!!
I really do feel a lot better since cutting it out. I think that's really the point. I haven't lost a lot of weight as a result, but I am feeling better, so I am being more active, which (hopefully) will lead to weight loss.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s awesome!!! Way to go!!! This is just my opinion but I think inches are more important than pounds. Muscle is denser than fat. A pound of fat and a pound of muscle are of course going to equal the same weight, but the square inches to make up a pound of fat vs a pound of muscle is significantly different. With changing your activity routine, your strengthening/building the muscles and losing the fat. If your losing inches, don’t let the number on the scale discourage you.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Losing inches is awesome! Keep up the great work!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Its been three years since I started a complete yoga practice, 3 years of holistic living, 3 years since I removed most of the toxic chemicals from my house and replaced them all with one cleaning product "theives", 2 years since becoming vegetarian, one year since starting Juice Plus whole food supplements, 2 years since I removed all over the counter medicines and replaced them with alternative remedies.. I am at my optimum body weight, my BMI is 24% all of my blood work was good or optimal. I am 55. I feel pretty damn good. One small change, changed my life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic