DS did DD's homework

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your daughter doesn't need to be punished at home. She'll get consequences at school. Ground your son from tv and electronics for a couple of days for lying to you.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't have had her turn it in, I would have had my daughter go to school and have to tell her teacher "I don't have my homework because I cheated and had my brother do it." and she can get the zero. I wouldn't waste the teacher's time, having to call me to tell me something I already know. Then I'd have my daughter redo the homework for no credit and we would all be having a serious conversation about the consequences of plagiarism and cheating.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have torn it up. I would have contacted the teacher as to why daughter didn't have her homework. I then would have had her do it for zero credit with a report due to myself on cheating. They both would have received hard labor as well. They would have had quite a few extra unpleasant chores.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 pm They are 10 and 12.

DD claims she asked him to because his handwriting is better than hers, and that she gave him the answers but he wrote them down.

DS claims she threatened to hit him with a shoe if he didn't do her homework.

I was home and I don't buy what DS said. This is the boy who tattles on everything. You could look at him wrong and he'd come whining to me about it, or hit him with a feather and he'd act like you broke his arm and come crying to me. There is absolutely no way she threatened to hit him and he didn't tattle. That isn't his nature.

Still they both know it's wrong to let someone do your homework/ask someone to regardless.

I let DD turn in her homework with DS's handwriting. The teacher will notice and contact me/ask DD about it I am sure. Their handwriting is vastly different. She can deal with the consequences of what happens at school, whatever they are.

I'm still not sure how to punish both of them at home though.

Ideas?
DD would have to rewrite it in her own handwriting. She would be grounded for a week with no games, electronics or tv and just have double cleaning chores.

DS would also be grounded for lying for a week with no games, electronics or tv and just have double cleaning chores
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 pm I wouldn't have had her turn it in, I would have had my daughter go to school and have to tell her teacher "I don't have my homework because I cheated and had my brother do it." and she can get the zero. I wouldn't waste the teacher's time, having to call me to tell me something I already know. Then I'd have my daughter redo the homework for no credit and we would all be having a serious conversation about the consequences of plagiarism and cheating.
The only thing is I work while they are at school. I can't trust she'd actually do that nor do I think she will. So I couldn't go with her because I don't have any paid personal time right now but I can take personal calls at work and deal with it. I doubt it'll be today anyways, maybe tomorrow depending on when she grades everything.
So tell her that she needs to tell her teacher what she did and you will be emailing her teacher to make sure that she did, and if I find out that she didn't, she will be grounded for a week. I would want my child to have to own up to their actions and not waste the teacher's valuable work time having to figure out what is already known.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have told ds he's a sucker and dd would be redoing her homework. Ods would help yds with his math but it was real help.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I don’t even know. I did my best friend’s in college for cash. Only a few times though.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I would not give my DD any punishment at home. I would remind her that she knows what the right thing to do is, and I expect her to do the right thing. If she doesn't then she can deal with the fall out from the teacher, and from me at home because I don't trust her. I would also tell my DS not to be such a sucker,
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 pm I would have torn it up. I would have contacted the teacher as to why daughter didn't have her homework. I then would have had her do it for zero credit with a report due to myself on cheating. They both would have received hard labor as well. They would have had quite a few extra unpleasant chores.
I am against it but want to know how it is cheating. I use to type papers for members of the football team. They wrote them, and I would proofread them then type them out for money. It was not cheating as they did the all the work, I just type it out for them. Proofreading was kind of hilarious as I cannot spell "cat" if you spot me the c and the t.

OP I would give them the same punishment. No TV, no video games and such.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:24 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 pm I would have torn it up. I would have contacted the teacher as to why daughter didn't have her homework. I then would have had her do it for zero credit with a report due to myself on cheating. They both would have received hard labor as well. They would have had quite a few extra unpleasant chores.
I am against it but want to know how it is cheating. I use to type papers for members of the football team. They wrote them, and I would proofread them then type them out for money. It was not cheating as they did the all the work, I just type it out for them. Proofreading was kind of hilarious as I cannot spell "cat" if you spot me the c and the t.

OP I would give them the same punishment. No TV, no video games and such.
He did the homework for her and she is turning it in as if she did all the work herself. That is cheating. She didn't do the work and then just have him rewrite the answers in better handwriting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic