Work snacks

Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Summer is coming to an end so I’m going back to my normal work schedule which is 7pm-7:30am. I eat dinner at 5:00 with the family, and breakfast when I get home at 8/8:30am. My problem is during that 12.5 hr time frame I get so hungry! So on my “lunch” break usually around 2am I find myself eating horrible choices.
What would you guys suggest for meals at this hour? Also simple fruit doesn’t cut it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Almonds are my go to snack right now since I am going semi keto. Or an apple with some peanut butter. So I get protein in there without a lot of extra sugar or carbs
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I work nights and don't like to eat too heavy at work. I like to bring a salad with chicken.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Greek yogurt, eggs, almonds, Turkey bacon. Anything with protein is your friend. It will keep you fuller longer.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Beef Jerky!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would pack a lunch. A salad with some chicken and hard boiled egg for protein and dressing on the side. A sandwich on a multigrain bread with the condiments packed separately so the lettuce and tomato don't make the bread all mushy. A thermos of soup with a half a sandwich on the side. You can get these double wall stainless steel thermoses that will keep food warm if you put boiling water in the thermos first to get it hot before dumping and putting in your soup. Pack baby carrots, celery stalks to eat with your favorite dressing. Apple slices, grapes or berries as your 'dessert'.
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Make up a little snack box, almonds, cheese, fruit and veggies, some turkey slices
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

My husband works those hours for 2 weeks, then rotates to the day hours for 2 weeks. Really hard. He usually doesn't like a lot at a time either, as someone said. They have a microwave available. He packs the frozen burritos, sandwiches, and sometimes a breakfast sandwich for the morning breaks. Also, puddings, jello, nuts, Little Debbie snacks, and he deals with sugar issues, so usually small candy bar.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cheese and crackers
String cheese
Cuties/Halos
Grapes
Beef jerky
Pepperoni sticks
Nuts
Yogurt
Granola bars
Pasta salads
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I always just packed a regular lunch. It’s your lunch, and tomorrow day is your night so you won’t eat lunch. Just flip flop, eat a meal at 2am instead of 2pm.

You don’t need “snacks,” just pack whatever you’d typically eat for a mid-day meal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic