How Much is Enough?

AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm wondering lately how much water I should be drinking daily. The internet is giving me mixed answers. I usually work out 5-6 days per week from 30-60 mins. My job is pretty sedentary. How much water should I be drinking?
Deleted User 244

Unread post

This is kind of a gross answer, but you should drink enough water so that when you pee in a toilet the water is no more than just a little bit yellow. Any darker than that means you should go drink some more water.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I don't measure. I have a big yeti type cup and I just refill it and drink from it all day. I drink the entire thing while at the gym I know.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i drink 64 oz a day. I work out 4-7 days.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm This is kind of a gross answer, but you should drink enough water so that when you pee in a toilet the water is no more than just a little bit yellow. Any darker than that means you should go drink some more water.
That is great advice, thank you! It is a good way to tell what your body is doing I can imagine.
Justanotherperson
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I have always heard half of your weight in ounces. Personally, I don't log or keep track of how much I am drinking. I just keep a glass of ice water nearby and drink as needed. I feel my body will tell me how much I need.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't drink enough water. I don't drink sodas or teas or anything else, though. But I should really be drowning myself in it because I have colon damage which makes it harder for my body to absorb water.
LeahThoughts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I've also always gone by "drink half of your body weight in ounces" as a poster above ^ stated. So, for example, if you weigh 110 pounds, you would aim for at least 55 ounces of water a day.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They say half your weight in ounces
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I've heard half your body weight in ounces. Or 1-2 liters. More if you're exercising or out in the sun and sweating.
Locked Previous topicNext topic