Work Out Thread

AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:20 am
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm I'm wondering how everyone is doing? I've been sticking with my program, but I find myself not making the best food choices. I need to get back into meal planning.
If I am not careful I could spend the month making up for the eating habits that take place the week before my period. lol.
Same here! I am PMSing horribly at the moment, and I ended up having several cookies yesterday that I didn't intend on having. Do you have any tips for those cravings?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:35 am
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm I'm wondering how everyone is doing? I've been sticking with my program, but I find myself not making the best food choices. I need to get back into meal planning.
If I am not careful I could spend the month making up for the eating habits that take place the week before my period. lol.
Same here! I am PMSing horribly at the moment, and I ended up having several cookies yesterday that I didn't intend on having. Do you have any tips for those cravings?
I have to track my cycle. its 28/30 day and I try to pay attention to the 2 weeks leading up to it to at least minimize the damage then make good choices for the remainder of the month.

I'm at the end of my reproductive life cycle. So I feel like I am starting from scratch, nothing is as it once was.
I turn 55 this month and although Im still regular the hormones are going crazy. a year ago I switched to a plant based diet to get the additional hormones in the meat out of my body and started taking a "juice plus" whole food plant based supplement. This has had a profound impact not only on my weight but how I feel day to day.

I just got all my lab work back from my yearly and the numbers spoke for themselves all of my blood work was optimal. My BMI was 24% my weight was great.
So for now I am going to continue on this course and hope over time it will continue to help me physically and emotionally.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 am

I have to track my cycle. its 28/30 day and I try to pay attention to the 2 weeks leading up to it to at least minimize the damage then make good choices for the remainder of the month.

I'm at the end of my reproductive life cycle. So I feel like I am starting from scratch, nothing is as it once was.
I turn 55 this month and although Im still regular the hormones are going crazy. a year ago I switched to a plant based diet to get the additional hormones in the meat out of my body and started taking a "juice plus" whole food plant based supplement. This has had a profound impact not only on my weight but how I feel day to day.

I just got all my lab work back from my yearly and the numbers spoke for themselves all of my blood work was optimal. My BMI was 24% my weight was great.
So for now I am going to continue on this course and hope over time it will continue to help me physically and emotionally.
Congrats on all of your success! Thank you for the tips as well. Perhaps I should try a similar approach. It sounds like you have had a lot of success with that diet plan.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am
Lotus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 am

Congrats on all of your success! Thank you for the tips as well. Perhaps I should try a similar approach. It sounds like you have had a lot of success with that diet plan.
Thank you! I look forward to seeing you around.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I started doing 2 Beachbody workouts last week back to back and I'm dying.. LOL
I'm doing Body Beast for weights and Turbo Jam for cardio.. in addition, I'm still walking at co-op and karate. I have people that keep adding me to weekly challenges on fitbit and I keep crushing them due to my hours of workouts. I have already logged 1 hour 20 minutes in workouts so far and I still need to jump on the treadmill for a little while. I'm so sore it's not even funny, but I know myself and I know if I "rest" I won't do it so I'm just biding my time until a true rest day this weekend for both programs. LOL
Ok.. enough of a rest.. off to the treadmill I go.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am I started doing 2 Beachbody workouts last week back to back and I'm dying.. LOL
I'm doing Body Beast for weights and Turbo Jam for cardio.. in addition, I'm still walking at co-op and karate. I have people that keep adding me to weekly challenges on fitbit and I keep crushing them due to my hours of workouts. I have already logged 1 hour 20 minutes in workouts so far and I still need to jump on the treadmill for a little while. I'm so sore it's not even funny, but I know myself and I know if I "rest" I won't do it so I'm just biding my time until a true rest day this weekend for both programs. LOL
very impressive. you should allow yourself some recovery OR include days that are restorative so you don't lose a chunk of time due to a pesky injury down the road.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have 2 rest days per week since I'm doing Beachbody programs. Body Beast is on Saturday and TJ is Sat and Sunday. I'm a former runner so insanity is part of my makeup when it comes to working out. I've logged 137 active minutes not including the 20 minutes of ab work so far today and will walk for 1 hour 45 minutes this afternoon while my girls are in karate.

Lotus wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am I started doing 2 Beachbody workouts last week back to back and I'm dying.. LOL
very impressive. you should allow yourself some recovery OR include days that are restorative so you don't lose a chunk of time due to a pesky injury down the road.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic