Kombucha?

thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I drank my first kombucha today; the taste was... interesting lol. But I kind of liked the flavor, minus the sweaty feet smell lol. I drank it because a lot of people around me have claimed that the drink was super healthy and helps heal the gut. Which is what I really need, especially now. So my question is, does this stuff really help? Is it really worth it?

BTW, I bought the GT'S synergy organic kombucha. What are your thoughts on this drink?
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I couldn't get past that either lol I took a drink and was like "nope, not participating in this trend. Water is good enough for me.." Nasty.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm I couldn't get past that either lol I took a drink and was like "nope, not participating in this trend. Water is good enough for me.." Nasty.
Lol! It was quite a shock when I took that first sip.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's a probiotic drink which is good if you have gut issues. If you don't have gut issues, it's not really some miracle cure-all. Drink it if you need more probiotics or like the taste, otherwise don't bother.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm It's a probiotic drink which is good if you have gut issues. If you don't have gut issues, it's not really some miracle cure-all. Drink it if you need more probiotics or like the taste, otherwise don't bother.
I am currently dealing with some gut issues which is why I tried the drink. Its not bad enough to where I couldnt drink it if I had to, but I prefer drinking something that doesnt smell like feet lol. Im not giving up on it just yet, but I am trying other things as well.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm It's a probiotic drink which is good if you have gut issues. If you don't have gut issues, it's not really some miracle cure-all. Drink it if you need more probiotics or like the taste, otherwise don't bother.
I am currently dealing with some gut issues which is why I tried the drink. Its not bad enough to where I couldnt drink it if I had to, but I prefer drinking something that doesnt smell like feet lol. Im not giving up on it just yet, but I am trying other things as well.
Miso, fermented veggies like Bubbies Saurkraut also have probiotics. Also, check out the probiotic powder Probios. I initially bought it for our dog as it's marketed for animals. Heidi's gut was really messed up as a puppy, the vet said she had zero good bacteria in her gut. I got the Probios instead of the Purina fortiaflora probiotics that the vet pushed. I tried that pricey powder before and was not impressed. The Probios was a fraction of the cost and had 8 times as much. It had the same active culture enterococcus faecium and quickly restored the flora in her intestines and gave her normal bowels. I have used it when I had tummy issues and I gave a jar to my sister when she was having trouble months later after getting a stomach virus. She said it made her feel better too. So I now keep a jar of Probios in my fridge for everybody in the family, human and beast alike. I buy it for about $11 at my local Tractor Supply store, but you can get it online too. Amazon has it as well.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

beats me, but I do know that most disease starts in the gut which is why I eat plant-based.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I love.the tart cherry ones. Love them!

But unfortunately, I think they were giving me migraines.
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I have never had it. I stick with yogurt with fruit.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I love the stuff.. I like unity, tart cherry and lemon ginger.
Locked Previous topicNext topic