Intermittent Fasting

Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 pm
MeAF wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:18 am

I'm fasting 16 hours a day and eating during an 8 hour window. Basically I skip breakfast and work out at the end of my fasting time.
That’s not too bad. I recently read Jillian Michaels does something similarly. I think she’s doing 10 hrs? My aunt does what she refers to as intermittent fasting but it’s more like a 3 day fasting, 11 days off, and 3 days prepping for the fast.
I belong to an IF for women group on Facebook but I don't go there very often because some of those women are really extreme. Like fasting for days and then only eating one small meal and then fasting for days again. Some of them lose their shit if they accidentally break their fast 30 seconds early and I am not exaggerating. I get anxious reading some of the posts because I can forsee a lot of potential eating disorders. I'm very careful to listen to my body and if I start to feel like I need to eat, I stop and think if I'm actually hungry or just eating from boredom. I'm more aware now of true hunger and able to avoid eating just because I can. If I am truly hungry, I eat. I don't starve myself.
I think that knowing and listening to your body is one of the key elements to healthy habits as well as healthy lifestyle. I don’t think there’s a one size fits all. It’s very good you are able to. I would say some of those women who are getting that extreme are doing some serious damage they don’t realize.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I do intermittent fasting also. I pair it up with some intense weight training. 12 pounds down since the beginning of the year. I can see muscle definition also.

Do you do any weight training? It's a great way to get your body into fat burning mode and keep it there while you intermittent fast.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:30 pm I do intermittent fasting also. I pair it up with some intense weight training. 12 pounds down since the beginning of the year. I can see muscle definition also.

Do you do any weight training? It's a great way to get your body into fat burning mode and keep it there while you intermittent fast.
I hate strength training but I'm trying to do it anyway because I know it's good for me. I just did leg day this morning which means I won't be able to walk tomorrow.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have looked at this but do not think I would get enough calories in to do it. I do the timed nutrition plan, usually I lose about 1 to 2 lb a week with this plan and exercise.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have heard good reviews on it but I was told that is not for me.
I am hypoglycemic and use to be anemic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic