Easy Italian Pasta Salad

Luvnlogic
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

Heading to a bbq today, so I’m bringing a pasta salad. These are guess-timate measurements, adjust to your liking.

1 1/2 lbs of bow tie pasta (pre-cooked weight)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup broccoli crowns
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used jarred since the earthy flavor is muted, so it’s more palatable for kids)
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
Roughly 18 ozs of your favorite Italian dressing. (We like Wish Bone EVOO Garlic and Basil) Add enough to coat the ingredients, by not so much that it makes it soupy. I do a small bit at a time to accomplish this.

As soon as pasta is cooked, pour about half of the dressing on it, toss, then let cool in fridge for 15 minutes or so before adding other ingredients.
Season with a little salt and pepper, have shredded Parmesan on hand for those who want it.
Other suggestions to add: lightly blanched and cooled chopped kale, artichoke hearts (drained), some kind of tomato (sun-dried or cherry), and asparagus tips. I skipped those due to the aforementioned kids I’ll be serving today. Kids, man...kids. 🙄😂

This is super easy, especially since you can buy all these ingredients pre-chopped and ready to go.
Locked Previous topicNext topic