1 small yellow onion diced
1 small green bell pepper diced
8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water & 1 1/2 tsp of Better than Bouillon (of 1 cup beef broth)
4 oz of white American Cheese (6 oz if you like it really cheesey!)
6 brioche hamburger buns

Instructions
  • Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
    Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
    Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
    Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
    Add the beef back into the pan.
    In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
    Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
    Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
    Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
    Served on toasted brioche buns.
My kids love it, I change the directions to soften the onion, pepper and cook down the mushrooms prior to browning the meet. Tonight, I doubled it using 2 onions, 3 pepper (red, yellow & orange), and 24+ oz of crimini mushrooms. Once that was cooked down, I moved it all to the side and then browned the burger all in the same pan, so now dirtying another dish!!
Jlop0004
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Sounds yummy!!!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 am We love this recipe!!

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 brioche hamburger buns

Instructions
  • Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
    Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
    Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
    Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
    Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
    Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
My kids love it, I change the directions to soften the onion, pepper and cook down the mushrooms prior to browning the meet. Tonight, I doubled it using 2 onions, 3 pepper (red, yellow & orange), and 32 oz of crimini mushrooms. Once that was cooked down, I moved it all to the side and then browned the burger all in the same pan, so now dirtying another dish!!
32 oz of mushrooms? Is this a typo?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 brioche hamburger buns

Instructions
My kids love it, I change the directions to soften the onion, pepper and cook down the mushrooms prior to browning the meet. Tonight, I doubled it using 2 onions, 3 pepper (red, yellow & orange), and 32 oz of crimini mushrooms. Once that was cooked down, I moved it all to the side and then browned the burger all in the same pan, so now dirtying another dish!!
Oh it is, sorry, although, you know mushrooms, they cook down to nothing, I doubt it would ruin the recipe. I use the whole package from Sam’s or Costco, plus any left-overs, but I double checked and realize it’s a 24 oz package, for some reason I thought it was a 32oz package.

I can edit it, lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 brioche hamburger buns

Instructions
Oh it is, sorry, although, you know mushrooms, they cook down to nothing, I doubt it would ruin the recipe. I use the whole package from Sam’s or Costco, plus any left-overs, but I double checked and realize it’s a 24 oz package, for some reason I thought it was a 32oz package.

I can edit it, lol.
Thats A LOT of mushrooms. But mushrooms are good for you and I love mushrooms.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:09 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 pm

I can edit it, lol.
Thats A LOT of mushrooms. But mushrooms are good for you and I love mushrooms.
Yea, I fool myself to imagine the antioxidants from the mushrooms will counter the effects of the cancer causing red meat, hahaha!
Locked Previous topicNext topic