He said that I only think about myself.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m the one who is doing kinship placement for my son. We had court last Friday. We had to wait for 4 hours for court. My son wanted to talk to me. But the whole time he was just talking about what he needed and how people have wronged him. He said he had no family and his family was his 3 friends he has. That was upsetting because he has extended family that care about him. He didn’t once ask how his kids were doing. Not once. Even after I said I had taken his oldest son to see his neurosurgeon 2 days prior (which btw I had a fever of 102 that day and was very sick but I didn’t miss this appointment because it was very important). He didn’t bother to ask how that went.

In the end he told me that all I ever think about is myself. I walked out crying after he said that. I’ve sacrificed so much for him but he’s completely blind to that. I’m sacrificing my time now to take care of his small children. He told the workers that he knew I was taking excellent care of his boys and that’s the only thing good about me.

He is going to get the kids back I know pending the clinical evaluation he took. Results aren’t in. He wants me to supervise visits for him with his kids so he can see them more. I know it’s not about me and I want him to see his kids. But also it’s hurtful to me that he’s taking this situation out on me. I don’t know what to do with that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 am I’m the one who is doing kinship placement for my son. We had court last Friday. We had to wait for 4 hours for court. My son wanted to talk to me. But the whole time he was just talking about what he needed and how people have wronged him. He said he had no family and his family was his 3 friends he has. That was upsetting because he has extended family that care about him. He didn’t once ask how his kids were doing. Not once. Even after I said I had taken his oldest son to see his neurosurgeon 2 days prior (which btw I had a fever of 102 that day and was very sick but I didn’t miss this appointment because it was very important). He didn’t bother to ask how that went.

In the end he told me that all I ever think about is myself. I walked out crying after he said that. I’ve sacrificed so much for him but he’s completely blind to that. I’m sacrificing my time now to take care of his small children. He told the workers that he knew I was taking excellent care of his boys and that’s the only thing good about me.

He is going to get the kids back I know pending the clinical evaluation he took. Results aren’t in. He wants me to supervise visits for him with his kids so he can see them more. I know it’s not about me and I want him to see his kids. But also it’s hurtful to me that he’s taking this situation out on me. I don’t know what to do with that.
Did you really expect anything less from that narcissistic jackass?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would see if they can assign someone to supervise his visits. Some of what you have said, he sounds a bit emotionally abusive and manipulative towards you.

For lack of a better descriptive, he hasn’t hit his rock bottom over this situation and until he does, things aren’t going to really change for those kids if they go back to him anytime soon. He’s going through the motions but not being accountable for himself and taking responsibility for his actions that have led to the current situation.

I’m sorry you are going through this. Just focus on caring for your grand babies. I know he’s your son, that you love him, and that you want to do everything you can to fix this for him, but he needs to do this himself and part of that includes taking responsibility. ((Hugs))
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 am I’m the one who is doing kinship placement for my son. We had court last Friday. We had to wait for 4 hours for court. My son wanted to talk to me. But the whole time he was just talking about what he needed and how people have wronged him. He said he had no family and his family was his 3 friends he has. That was upsetting because he has extended family that care about him. He didn’t once ask how his kids were doing. Not once. Even after I said I had taken his oldest son to see his neurosurgeon 2 days prior (which btw I had a fever of 102 that day and was very sick but I didn’t miss this appointment because it was very important). He didn’t bother to ask how that went.

I think I hope. But I should expect it.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hugs.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was he always so abusive? I'd tell him too bad but after talking that way to you I'd help the grandkids maybe but not him? He should be on his own to see how that really feels.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:58 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am

I think I hope. But I should expect it.
Concentrate on your grandkids and let him figure his own problems. I would also let their caseworker know about all the things he said to you and insist that they supervise all visits between him and the kids. I would fight any action about the kids being returned to that jackass until gets his life in order
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You have to STOP allowing him to manipulate you.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sounds like typical bullshit coming from an addict. All they think about is themselves. And reflecting blame to others is so typical. Don't take any of the shit he says personally. It's all lies and you know it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am You have to STOP allowing him to manipulate you.
Agreed. It might break your heart and your soul but to him I'd say I think you know me better than that. However if you feel that way I'll see to the grandkids but you'll get nothing more out of me. And someone else can supervise your visits.
Locked Previous topicNext topic